General Fiction posted June 15, 2013 Chapters:  ...51 52 -53- 54... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 149 word description of a soul

A chapter in the book Short

Pebble

by Bill Schott

Soul Writer Contest Winner 
There is a pebble of sand that will one day fall back up the hour glass and join the timelessness from whence it originated. It is currently bound in the desert of life. In this association with other grains that love the gravity and density of the multitude, the sand pebble must seek the freedom of the upper chamber. Some may say that it would be easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a grain of sand to return above. Others may assume that all of humanity, like the sands of an hour glass, will simply be returned en masse. There is the soul. It languishes on the beaches of time, standing still, no nearer the sea than a stone in the Sahara. It is through faith and truth that the single grain of sand will defy all reasonable expectations - and rise.


Writing Prompt
In under 150 words, define a "soul." You may write poetry or prose.

Soul Writer
Contest Winner

Recognized


Thanks to missjl for the great picture.

Resurrected this for kicks.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.