General Poetry posted April 8, 2013 Chapters:  ...35 36 -37- 38... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Lesson in Restraint

A chapter in the book Little Poems

haibun (hunger and desire)

by Treischel


Do you always scratch the itch, or should you sometimes let it be?
 
hunger pulls
to fulfill its need
but beware

I see in nature examples all around me. See little black spider in the grass watching larger female?
There he is, pulled by hunger and desire. Such a luscious hourglass figure and gorgeous red mark on her back that is attracting him. He feels the itch, the pull.

She sees him. Oh yes, she summons him, to share her sip of prey. He approaches her. They share the liquid emulision that once was a grasshopper.

He is intoxicated. She emits a fragrance he cannot resist. He is just what she desires. They dance. They mate.

Thus it begins.
 
a dance of desire
that soon lights the red hot spark
in flame that consumes

ultimate hunger
fulfilled when male is eaten
by the Black Widow



Prose 'n' Poem 1 (SET RULES!) writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short piece of haibun prose, under 200 words, accompanied by 1, 2, or 3 haiku. Please do NOT promote your work until AFTER voting is complete. This contest is designed to help those who would like to learn more about the skilful and inspiring art of writing haibun prose and haiku, and the rules pertaining to them.

Please note: there are two versions of this contest, so, if you would prefer a contest with less rules, then please take a look at the sister contest: Prose 'n' Poem 2 (NO RULES!)

So, please only enter this contest if you are willing to ABIDE BY all the rules. Please see inside for further details.




Something new for me. Hope I did it right.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.