Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 29, 2013 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Radical thoughts

A chapter in the book From Then and there to Here and Now

Thinking and Being

by Cogitator

Thinking and Being

When DesCartes coined his famous "Cogito, ergo sum," it was supposedly to prove the existence of a god. It is impossible to disagree that there is something to this consciousness we call Life. All languages that I know have a verb that means "to be." In my native French, the term "raison d'etre" means "reason for being." Everything that manifests in our consciousness has a reason for being. DesCartes tried to explain this with logic and connect that logic with a Supreme Being.

Bucky Fuller said "God is supreme Being, the verb, not the noun." He understood that it is not what we name something that carries value for us, but what it does. Our Subconscious values manifestations for what they do, not what we call them as human beings. It knows their reason for being. If we ask ourselves what the reason for our being may be, we may find the peace of mind we all seek.

Our State of Being can be compared to other states. The United States, the State of the Union, the State of the World, etc. All states of being seek homeostasis, or balance, to remain a Being. A being out of balance cannot continue to be for long. Out of balance beings develop dis-ease, dis-comfort and, eventually die from resisting the change necessary to regain balance. Extinction of entire species happens when that species cannot or will not adapt to changing conditions and circumstances.

Dr. Wayne Dyer's presentation on PBS about "The Source" was fascinating. I compared it to DesCartes' effort in trying to explain the reason for being but without making reference to some supernatural power. I interpreted his model as the source of thought. In trying to find some analogy to describe what I understood, the water cycle made sense.

Water takes on the three states of being that exist - solid, liquid and gas. This cycle is ongoing at all times. We can visualize the source of thought in two ways - a water molecule or a raindrop. Either will make the connection to the whole cycle. If we use the raindrop, we can imagine it falling to earth and seeking to return to the ocean so that it can evaporate and continue cycling. If we use the molecule, we can imagine it rising to "heaven" and landing in another place on earth. That morning coffee we enjoyed may have had molecules in it that killed Socrates. The point of using this analogy is that the cycle is totally interconnected, just like all thoughts are interconnected.

When raindrops gather on soil, they seek the ocean and form streams and rivers. This is equivalent to the formation of streams of thought, or schools of thought in humans. Sometimes these rivers converge and create even larger trains of thought, like the Ohio and Missouri meeting to form the Mississippi. If we are to compare thoughts to water molecules, we have to consider also that we live in three dimensions and lines on a map are not enough to accurately envision thought cycles. Our thoughts expand in all directions. They eventually create the Universe we behold. Aligning human thoughts to converge and wend their way to the same ocean is the challenge we face.

Examples of mind control abound in our society. The National Geographic channel recently broadcast a three-part series called "Brain Games" to give us a better understanding of how our brains operate. Many scenes and exercises they depict give insight to how faulty we are as human beings. One of the more interesting segments to me was how we actually project color on our environment when, in fact, the environment has no color. I had to munch on that for a while. After watching this, it was easy for me to understand how people are manipulated into doing things that make no sense. Why are they being manipulated and who's doing the manipulating?

The sleight of hand and misdirection demonstrations shown on the program exemplify how those in power exercise mind control techniques to divide and conquer the population. Our media is used universally by the plutocratic oligarchy to communicate messages that serve to prevent protest, more than communicate truth. We need to coin a new word to refer to this group. Plutocracy is government by the rich. The word comes from Pluto, god of the underworld and riches, so it definitely applies to the oil barons and gold-hungry manipulators. Oligarchy is government by the few, and we can certainly agree on that as the State of Being of our political systems. For the sake of argument, I will refer to this group as the Illuminati.

The Illuminati rule by hiding truth from the population. They use communication media like television, radio, newspapers to distract, deflect and manipulate minds that cannot or will not think for themselves. Propaganda, indoctrination, false values and beliefs are disseminated through these channels and polls are taken to gauge their effect. They are in conflict with PBS, National Public Radio, Greenpeace, Sierra Club, Save the Earth foundation and other organizations attempting to present the facts. The chink in their armor happens to be social media on the Internet. Witness the events in Egypt, Libya, Syria and other protests against this ruling class.

When I lived in Saudi Arabia, I was invited to many Saudi homes for gatherings and meals. Virtually all communication was about politics and religion. In the United States, these two topics are normally avoided like the Bubonic Plague. How can we possibly make breakthroughs in understanding if we do not discuss the two elements upon which we base our daily life? Society is largely based upon these value and belief systems and, if we are to improve, we must create agreements that will lead to cooperation for the right reasons. We must converge our thoughts like the Missouri and Ohio and create a larger Mississippi. Together we stand, divided we fall.

Most people do not know that about thirteen centuries before Jesus, stories of virgin birth, sacrifice and resurrection circulated in the world. Under those circumstances, the bible would appear to be plagiarism. When Constantine compiled the bible that would guide the Holy Roman Empire, he conveniently omitted scriptures that did not fit into his image of what it should convey.

The Koran is a continuation of the bible with added instructions and stories, for the most part. Many are told that the bible and Koran are in conflict. The only difference I found when discussing this in Saudi Arabia was that the bible teaches personal gratification while the Koran teaches group gratification. Both books are excellent ways to create hypocrites or atheists. Dogma is a stream of thought that evaporates before it can reach any ocean.

What religion and politics do, for the most part, is assign our thoughts and actions to some external power when, in truth, there is no external power. They prevent people from taking responsibility for what they think and what they do. They are the cause of all wars, destruction, ignorance and whatever ails Mother Earth. It will continue until we get more people to stop denying the truth. It order to do that, we must agree to communicate truth. Let the Illuminati continue reinforcing lies through traditional media - truth seekers can gather on the Internet. This is already happening and it will continue to grow. If the Illuminati try to stop it, they will cause a revolution. Their only option to continue to rule would be to use force and intimidation overtly, rather than be devious about it with mind control techniques.

Human beings have the fantastic ability to hold a thought and contemplate it. They can link this thought to other thoughts to create the future. Today's streams of thought that society uses seems to be taking us into oblivion. We must change our collective mind. We must seek our "raison d'etre." It surely isn't to serve the needs of the Illuminati.

The game is afoot.



Book of the Month contest entry


I'm getting serious now.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.