Mystery and Crime Fiction posted May 9, 2012 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Trevor is placed in police car

A chapter in the book Blood On His Hands

Questioning

by mcdaniel1299

Trevor watched the officers from his seat in the back of the car. He tried leaning back against the seat, but with his hands cuffed behind him, it became uncomfortable. Looking down at his lap, he tried to remember why he was covered in blood. Why he was driving his mother's car. Without a license, he knew trouble awaited him. But, whose blood was he covered with?

The officers searched the car, careful not to move too much until the forensics team got their hands on it. Using the keys, Drake opened the trunk. With the boy covered in blood, the possibility of a body in the trunk seemed likely. Nothing more than a spare tire and a tire iron rested on the carpet.

Drake and his rookie partner walked back to the patrol car. They spoke for a moment before Robert got into the driver's seat.

"Trevor, do you remember anything that happened before we pulled you over?" He turned so the he could see the boy over his shoulder.

Still looking at his lap, Trevor shook his head. "No. I don't remember anything before looking in the mirror and seeing the blue lights. I have only driven a couple times in the parking lot at school, so I don't even know how I got this far."

"Was your mother home when you left? There seems to be no answer at the house."

Fingers tapping together behind his back, Trevor thought some more. He started rocking in the seat. Shaking his head, " She was there. Oh my god, what did I do?"

Turning towards the boy more, Robert leaned to hear what he was saying. "What happened at the house, Trevor?"

Snapping his head up, the boy looked straight at the officer like he finally woke from his fog. "I will only talk to Detective Robertson. Please."

Robert climbed out of the car and walked to his partner, who now spoke with the tow truck driver about the car. "Excuse me, sir. He's asked to speak with a Detective Robertson."

Drake shook hands with the driver and watched as he started loading the car onto the flatbed tow truck. Then he turned his attention to his partner.

"What?"

"I asked the kid if his mother was home when he left, and he started rocking and saying something under his breath. I tried to catch what he said, but then, all of a sudden, he looks at me and says he will only talk to Detective Robertson."

"I guess it's a good thing that Burly comes back today. Well, lets bring him back to the station. We'll try calling his house again in a little bit."





Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mcdaniel1299 All rights reserved.
mcdaniel1299 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.