Humor Fiction posted March 21, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ex wife's cliche' story

Love is Blind

by joann r romei

He was the apple of my eye, just the sound of his deep voice was music to my ears. We used to sip fine wine under moonlit stars. My emotions were a loose cannon, because I still loved him with every fiber of my being. But seeing him now, was like a hole in the head, a pain in the neck, combined with a bug up my ass.

He spotted me staring. The jig is up! I had to think fast because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he planned to make a move. I had to be slick because he was walking towards me. First things first. It was now or never. I gave him the cold shoulder and turned my nose up at him. So far so good.

My heart was beating like a drum, because I always wore my heart on my sleeve. Yet, life's lessons taught me the hard way, he'd left blood, sweat and tears on my heart. Could have written a book, and told the whole nine yards about it. But, long story short, I should tell him, " Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." But, if I talk the talk I'd better walk the walk. Because unfortunately, the wife is always the last to know.

The final blow was when I gazed into his eyes and bit my tongue. My fate had been sealed. This was bigger than the both of us. After all, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I should have listened to that old cliche', an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Instead I raised my glass and said," Here's lookin' at you kid."



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. joann r romei All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
joann r romei has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.