General Fiction posted February 24, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
bar humor

The Quick Change

by mcdaniel1299

Why didn't someone stop me? Contest Winner 
"Why didn't someone stop me?" he asked in an irritated tone.

Everyone at the table snickered.

"I know someone saw how ugly she was before I got to the table. A little warning next time, please." He swallowed down the rest of his drink. Looking down in his hand, he read the small piece of paper with her number on it.

"So, are you going to call her?" one friend asked him.

He blew out a sigh, "Um, no. It's not going to happen."

Another friend shook his head, "You know, ugly people have feelings too."

He held out the paper, "You want to call her?"

"Already taken, or I would. You do realize that looks aren't everything, right?"

"Yes," he answered mockingly, "but which angle do you lean in to kiss her with, to keep from bumping into that nose?" He stole a glance in the direction of the woman they talked about and shivered. "She does have a nice body though."

"She is what we refer to as a Butterhead."

"And just what is a Butterhead?"

"She looks great everywhere, but her head..." The whole table erupted in laughter, except for him.

"Guys, this isn't funny. What am I gonna do? I had no idea, from the back she looked great. All the right curves, shapely ass and long legs. But there is no way I will be able to wake up next to that in the morning, sober."

The waitress walked up with a tray full of drinks and placed them on the table. "These are from the lady over there." She pointed in the direction of her table.

"I can't take this anymore," he said, then gulped down the drink. He slapped down a twenty dollar bill and the phone number on the table. "I'm gone, guys. You can have her."

He quickly exited the bar. The woman watched him leave. She waved at his friends and then disappeared in the bathroom. When she returned, she was a changed woman. Her crooked nose was now straight. The mole from her cheek was now gone. The blemishes were cleared up.

"Wow, who would've thought she really looked like that?" One of them asked out loud.

She walked over to the table, picked up the paper with her number on it.

"Guess you won't be needing this anymore." And she turned on her heel and left.

Before she was out the door, one of them snapped a picture of her and another was calling the man that left.

"Oh man, you are not going to believe this."


Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story beginning with the words "Why didn't someone stop me?" Beyond the opening lines there are no rules. Maximum word count is 500 words.

Why didn't someone stop me?
Contest Winner

Recognized


Word count, 429
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mcdaniel1299 All rights reserved.
mcdaniel1299 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.