Supernatural Fiction posted September 12, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Supernatural flash fiction contest entry

Vampire forgivness

by apelle


Old, forgotten memories kneel in front of stunned snippets of my life. I lived with deep joy for a time.

Today we sit across the table. The glasses between us have our lips traces.

I grab your arm pushing my nails into your flesh ... blood gushing in streams trickles down my fingers.

You look defiant and with one motion, you clean yourself up, slam the door, and leave.

After the door is closed, all the pressing darkness beyond the windows becomes tyrannical, and I feel unsettled. Walls disappear, space, including the ceiling where a gray spider web still retains luster is compressed by an unseen centrifugal force ...

Our discussion is still hanging on, suspended in the air, sticking to the decomposing walls. The rustle of the heat vent reminds me of the feeling I had after seeing you pull the door behind you. I wipe off the blood that trickles easily on my fingers.

The memory lines of our egos are shaken by grief and fatigue.

I lie on the cold floor and listen cautiously to all the familiar noises as they perish in the dark until the dawn light beyond the window invades my retina.
A smile clears on my face seeing you return.

I cuddle on your lap and touch your tired face. You shudder, breathing jerkily and looking in my eyes. With your right hand, you play with my hair and I slither my lips on your neck stopping just below your ear.

“Do not be afraid, I will not bite.”

I kiss you just below the ear, so the sound of my lips touching your skin will remain imprinted in the memory of your eardrum. I nest deeper into yourself and your eyes cry of joy now.

I realize what went wrong between us. We became lost in the catacombs of our lives, and we emerged to the surface too late. 
But I cannot forgive you. Not so easy. My mind made up and broke down scripts of diabolical plans to punish you.


Your hope is that, in your arms, I’ll forget how you have abandoned me ... Suddenly an evil laugh takes over me and my eyes fill with passion... I jump at your throat with an insatiable thirst, but with a precise and calculated movement as if you had read my thoughts you stop me. ... I hear your breathing and heart beating at a frantic pace.

I take the knife placed strategically on the table and start playing with the blade on your chest. I stop at the heart, and I stuck it in three times ... each time deeper ... blood coming out is accompanied by a short scream.

You look in my eyes and capture your cruel death... I get my lips close to your ear and whisper "sleep easy."

With lust, I lick the blood on the knife and play with the blade on my tongue.

Now I’ve really forgiven you...



Supernatural Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The character in your story is involved in some way with the supernatural.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. apelle All rights reserved.
apelle has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.