Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 28, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Summer's end

A Walk In The Clouds

by Realist101

There is a slight chill in the air today. Fall is on her way, skirting around the Rockies, traveling slowly, but ever so surely towards me, her beauty unparalleled and breathtaking. I will gather my camera and take pictures, so as to never forget the gold and orange leaves, and the clearness of the sky. I will gently caress the fading flowers and bid them a sad farewell. And I will probably cry as I cut their stems to clean the bed for next year's crop.

Clouds flit and dance around, unrelated to Irene, these are just fair-weather friends, playing with the wind. I wish I could fly up and perch there, if even for one fleeting moment. But earthbound I am. I can barely walk now, it hurts so to even move. I am like the flowers, fading fast. And as the days grow shorter, I long fervently for next spring ... if only I can make it 'til then. I pray for one more year. One more month. Another week. Greedy for life, I want just one more day. Even if with it, would come a dark storm.



Recognized


Inspired by Adewpearl's poem The Rose And The Mum, title for this borrowed from the movie starring Keanu Reeves. Thank you for reading and to Brooke for inspiring me today. I wish you all GOOD health and happiness...also a special thanks to snickersnax for the use of this lovely photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.