Fantasy Science Fiction posted June 4, 2010 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A call girl trying to make her night goal

A chapter in the book The Starting Point

A stranger

by wierdgrace



Background
jgrace, thank you, had trouble with the first picture
Thick fog rolled in from the bay, it was a very dark damp night. The moaning of the buoys was the only sound you could hear.

The streets were empty except for the lone figure of a girl leaning against a building, she had her thin coat clutched tightly together in front, as she shivered and waited for a man, any man with money in his pocket to show up.

The girl was a hooker and did not dare go back to the house without a customer. As she stood there in the fog, she heard something and looked up. A bright light like a star showed for a moment and then was gone.

The girl shivered again, no one, just no one is going to show up tonight. She wished now she hadn't overslept in the tiny cubicle that was her room where she lived and took the many men she picked up. All the rest of the hookers had come in with their men and now could stay in.

The man, as they called him, insisted at least one customer a night or don't come in, so here she was, no one on the streets. Only now and then a car passed, crawling along as the visibility was bad.

She was about to give up and go in and face the man and promise a lot of business tomorrow if she could just come in out of the darkness and dampness when she heard the odd noise, like a boom with a whistling noise then the star falling and lost in the fog beyond her out of sight.

The bright ball came down onto the sand, it glowed for a moment like a coal in a fireplace, and then it simmered out.

In its place rose the figure of a man, he was naked; he stood up, stood there a moment, and then headed in the direction where the girl was standing. His steps were unsteady at first but as he went between some old buildings to the street, his pace was steady.




This is just the start, draft, more to come, hope you are left with questions, meant too
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wierdgrace All rights reserved.
wierdgrace has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.