General Fiction posted May 7, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Patty is afraid to live in her building.

A Scary Building

by Thesis

I hate living in this apartment. The elevators never work and there are so many creeps in the building. My dad gave me a can of mace, just in case. I have to move out of here. It's so dangerous at night. I keep thinking of the girl who was raped on the third floor.

The police said she never saw the guy. He came up behind her as she was unlocking her door, stabbed her in the back, tore her clothes off, threw her on the bed and took his time raping her.

Shit! Is that a shadow? Ooh no, someone's behind me. I have to stay calm. I'm so scared, have to focus. Remember what dad told me...breathe deeply, don't run, turn and face your attacker. Reaching in my purse, I found the mace.

Walking briskly to my apartment door, I dropped my keys, turned to face the bastard and fired the mace right into the face of the undercover officer who was trying to make sure I arrived at my apartment safely.



200 words horror Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


Recognized


WC = 176

Shadow on the landing theme.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.