Romance Fiction posted April 3, 2010 Chapters:  ...39 40 -41- 42... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Steven is angry.

A chapter in the book Tantalizing Eyes

Chapter 11; part 3

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Steven works for Task Force 385 and is ordered to protect Leya Vegas. She's the granddaughter of a famous drug lord. Steven marries her to protect her from an arranged marriage. Peggy requests to be put on Steven's team to protect him from Leya.
Background:
Steven and Leya make their marriage official.

Steven finished his work at the Task Force building and attempted to contact the pilot to bring him back to the safe house. When he had no luck, he called Matt, "Where's the helicopter?"

"A doctor was needed at the safe house."

"What happened? Is Leya all right?" Steven gulped.

"Leya requested a doctor." Matt paused, before he continued, "I just assumed you knew."

Leya's lack of sleep last night has caused complications from the yellow fever. I should have made sure she rested. Steven closed his eyes and took deep breaths.

Matt procured another helicopter for Steven. When the helicopter landed, Steven ran to Leya's bedroom, stood in the doorway, and listened, as Leya asked the doctor, "Could you mail this documentation that confirms I'm no longer a virgin to these addresses?"

She handed the doctor a piece of paper with two addresses on it; her father, Hector Vegas, and Carlos Martinez, her former fiance'. "It needs to go special delivery with a confirmation receipt. Please make sure the documentation states the sex was consensual. I don't want anyone to have the impression it wasn't."

She finished writing, slowly folded the paper, and handed it to him. "Please add this letter with the documentation to my father." She hesitated, then said, "I don't have any money for the postage."

"Don't worry about the postage," he offered. "I'll bill Task Force for it. It'll be in today's mail. It should be delivered by tomorrow or the following day for sure."

"Thank you for understanding, and I'm sorry about the postage."

As the doctor turned toward the door, Steven took some money from his jeans pocket and handed it to the doctor. "This should cover the postage." Steven's green eyes glared at Leya as he stood in the doorway, before he called over his shoulder, "Jim, escort the doctor to the helicopter."

She gulped and walked toward him. "Steven, I can explain."

Steven waited silently until he heard the doctor leave the house, then yelled, "I risked everything for you! My career could be ruined. You knew that and still used me! I thought you cared at least a little. Man, I'm a sucker!" As he turned to leave, he threw a chocolate caramel candy bar and a slip of paper to the floor.

Leya ran to him. "Steven, wait! I can explain!"

"I don't want to listen to your lies." Steven rushed passed Ralph and snapped, "You're in charge. I need time alone." He slammed the front door hard enough to break a window and set off an alarm.

Leya tried to follow but wasn't fast enough. "Steven, I love you." She fell to the floor sobbing.



Recognized


I want to thank Speo24 for the nice artwork.
I hope you all have a nice holiday. I had computer issues the beginning of the week and my parents are here for a few days so I am really busy. I want to thank all my fans for your support.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.