Romance Fiction posted March 27, 2010 Chapters:  ...38 39 -40- 41... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Leya discusses some of her fears.

A chapter in the book Tantalizing Eyes

Chapter 11; part 2

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Steven works for Task Force 385 and is ordered to protect Leya Vegas. She's the granddaughter of a famous drug lord. Steven marries her to protect her from an arranged marriage. Peggy requests to be put on Steven's team to protect him from Leya.
BACKGROUND:
Steven and Leya finally made love.

Cuddled into Steven's chest, Leya whispered, "Steven, you're a Task Force 385 team chief and a major in the United States Army, and I'm a drug lord princess. Now we're officially married."

He ran his fingers through his short auburn hair and kissed her. "I know. I'm not sorry either. Are you?"

"No, but what's our relationship going to do to your career? My family has already disowned me, so our marriage won't cause me any problems." Leya held up her arm and stared at it, before showing it to Steven. "My skin tone is different from yours."

He caressed her arm before kissing it. "I'm aware we have a slightly different ethnical background. You're a combination of Spanish and Amerindian. I'm a combination of Irish and German. We were raised with different cultural backgrounds, but I fail to see the problem."

He brushed a curl from her cheek. "Matt's already said he'd support any decision I made concerning you." He answered her questioning look, "Don't ask how he knew, but he did."

She studied his face. "You're sure we didn't just make a huge mistake."

"I'm positive."

After she kissed him, they held each other in a loving embrace, which developed into sensuous lovemaking.

As they lay in each other's arms, Steven asked, "After all this mess is over, are you planning to go back to Yale?"

"How did you know? I've never said anything."

Steven closed his eyes and sighed. "A few days ago, Matt released a background check he'd run on you. We needed to make sure you weren't the mole."

Her black eyes darkened revealing anger. "Did it tell you in December of 2000 I broke a fingernail on my right hand?" She held it for him to see.

"Nope, but it did tell me you dropped out of the premed program to help your great aunt when she got ill. I also know you're very well educated. And I know you wear lace thong underwear, but the background check didn't tell me that." He hoped teasing would ease her mood.

She rolled onto her back and yanked the blanket under her chin. "It's not fair you know everything about me and I know nothing about you."

"That's easy to fix. I was born in upstate rural New York. I have one older brother, who's active duty Marines. He's married with three children, two boys and a girl. My parents were killed in a car accident when I was fifteen. My mother's parents raised me. I graduated from West Point eight years ago."

"That's where you met Peggy?"

"Yep, we met our freshman year. After graduation, I spent two years in the regular Army. That's where Matt recruited me. He was my team chief at that time." He grinned as he added, "Matt's like a big brother. We hit it off immediately and became close friends."

Leya turned onto her side and watched him talk. He rolled to his side and put his arms around her, drawing her closer. "Does that satisfy your curiosity?"

"It's a start. What about former girl friends?"

He grinned. "Your background check never mentioned anything about the men in your life."

She outlined his lips with her finger, then kissed them. "That's because there weren't any."

"I seriously doubt that. But I'll answer your question. I dated a few times in high school, but nothing serious. Especially once my parents died." He took a deep breath.

"At the academy ...." He paused in thought. "I had two girl friends, at the same time." He laughed as he continued, "Once they found out about each other, I didn't have any girlfriends. I discovered how jealous females can get and learned I'd better respect women."

He brushed a hair from Leya's cheek. "While in the Army, I dated one lady. She didn't like me being gone so often and we agreed to separate. Since I joined the Task Force, I haven't had time for a serious relationship."

"I find it difficult to believe someone as handsome as you doesn't have women pounding your door down."

"I've dated once in a while, but nobody seriously." He pulled her closer. "Now tell me about your assorted affairs. Someone as beautiful as you must have gone on a few dates. How old are you anyway?"

Her eyes widened. "The background check didn't list my birthday?"

"It probably did, but I didn't notice."

"I'm twenty-two. I was born January 15th." She smiled. "As for dates ...." She grinned, before she continued, "Since I went to all girl schools until college, dating was difficult. Plus the nuns kept a close eye on us, but I did manage to sneak away once in a while. I never seriously dated. My father made sure of that. If I dated a boy more than three times, somebody representing my family would visit and scare him off." She teased, "Are you going to get scared off?"

Steven chuckled. "Well, let's see. I'm still under the three date limit and we've never really been on a date." He kissed her before he lay on his back. "I have a feeling your father wouldn't approve of you lying naked beside me in bed, but I'm not afraid of him."

"You're a gringo. I'm positive he wouldn't approve of how you got me naked." She rose up on her knees and looked down at him. "I'd love to go back to school but I can't afford it. I don't have a job or any money. I'm sure my father won't pay my bills."

He leaned up enough to kiss her. "I'm sure something will work out so you can continue your education. It may not be Yale, but there are other good schools." He kissed her, before he added, "If you keep flaunting your beautiful breasts in front of me, I'll be forced to ...." He began suckling the nipple, as his hands engulfed and massaged them. "To do this."

Stopping, he sighed. "As much as I'd like to make love again, you have to be completely worn out. You're still weak from yellow fever and only got a few hours of sleep."

Steven kissed her, then lay down. "Come here." When Leya put her head on his chest, he said, "I'll hold you while you sleep." He grinned and teased, "Then we'll make love again, before I leave."

She kissed his chest, but soon fell asleep.

While Leya slept, Steven held her. I know Hector Vegas is planning something. I wonder what. We'll have to be ready for anything. Can Matt save my job?

As the sun rose, Steven woke Leya. "I need to get to work before the men wonder what I've been doing all night. Will I see you at breakfast?"

She nodded and grinned. "I have a feeling they've already figured it out."

"You're probably right." He grinned. "Go back to sleep, sleepy head. I'll check on you in a few hours." He kissed her, before he exited the door.

*****
Ralph grinned. "Short honeymoon, uh?"

Steven knew the men would have plenty of comments and was ready. He stood behind his desk. "Just so there's no confusion, Leya and I are officially married. I expect her to be treated accordingly. In other words watch your comments around her."

Jim teased, "Damn, so the date I planned for Saturday night is cancelled."

Steven shook his head and knew this was only the beginning. "Let's try to get some work done. Is there anything that needs my immediate attention?"

Ralph handed him an intelligence report. "This came in last night. I didn't think you wanted to be bothered." He covered his mouth as he chuckled.

Steven read it and sighed. "So the Martinez Cartel is responsible for Geoff's accident and for selling the 90% pure cocaine inside the U.S. I wonder how involved Carlos is in running the cartel. I'll be at the Task Force building most of the morning." Before he left, he went to tell Leya that he was leaving.

*****
After Steven kissed her goodbye, she lay in bed until she heard the helicopter leave. She then put on a robe and went to Steven's office.

Ralph walked in behind her. "Congratulations on your marriage. Can I help you with something?"

"Would you call General Patterson and ask him to send a doctor. I need to speak with one."

He picked up the telephone and dialed Matt's number as he asked Leya, "Not feeling well?"

Before Leya could answer, Matt answered and agreed to send a doctor. Leya rushed to her room, hoping to avoid any questions.

When the doctor arrived, Ralph escorted him to Leya's bedroom. Ralph attempted to stay, but Leya asked him to leave.

Alone with the doctor, Leya said, "I need documentation that I'm no longer a virgin."



Recognized


Thank you Jorge Gaete for the beautiful artwork that expresses Steven and Leya's love. Thank you again for your reviews and support. Word can not express how much I appreciate them.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.