Mature Fiction posted November 13, 2009 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Revealing the truth about Adam, Clarice explains

A chapter in the book Legal Tendencies

Clarice Comes Clean

by Heidixoxo



Background
Finally opening up, Clarice tells Steven and Kim about her relationship with rapist, Adam Sprinkles. Clarice now felt guilty, thinking she played a role in this some how.
After speaking briefly with Clarice on the phone, I set up dinner reservations at The Pizan Palace for later this evening. This was an elegant restaurant that served such delicious meals. I was puzzled to learn Clarice was bringing her new boyfriend, Trey along. She really wanted him to meet Steven and I. Although we needed to talk to her about her relationship with Adam Sprinkles, I began to wonder if by night's end, if it was Steven and I in for a surprise.

We arrived a few minutes early for our reservations, waiting outside for Clarice and Trey. I spotted my sister, looking beautiful, walking towards us, accompanied by a gorgeous and sophisticated gentleman. As they reached us, Clarice introduced everyone and after some short, small talk, we headed in for dinner. Sipping on champaigne, I learned that talking to Clarice tonight would come easy, even with Trey listening. Being concerned for him having to listen to this, made Steven and I concerned for Clarice. She insisted that we continue since Trey already knew some of the story. Steven and I did as she asked.

As we explained to her the charges brought upon Adam and that Steven was going to be the one prosecuting him, Clarice became sad. Not physically but I saw it deep in her eyes as she tried to play it off as nothing. She went on telling us that she and Adam had dated briefly, nothing serious since it was more about the sex. Trey must have felt that Clarice was becoming uncomfortable as he placed his arm around her while she went on with her story. Apparently, Adam had a side to him that frightened my sister, making her fearful to leave him permanently. The conversation took off at a rapid pace as if she seemed relieved to finally tell us her deep secrets. The more I heard, the sicker to my stomach I felt and increasingly enraged in my soul.

Steven had many questions for Clarice and she answered truthfully and accurately, telling every detail. Once the subject of court came up, Clarice started sobbing, telling us she refused to press rape or any other charges on Adam for fear that he would eventually find her. Once she finally escaped his wrath, he became highly irritated and promised to find her had she thought about leaving him. This had scared Clarice senseless, causing her to hide from the world and fear for her life. It had also meant she was bound to make poor decisions that she didn't notice. She told us honestly, she knew this was an odd kind of behavior since the two of them never really dated. His obsessions over women caused her to feel threatened.

Steven and I pleaded with Clarice to press charges on this piece of shit, good for nothing, rapist. I was proud, even slightly shocked when Trey asked her to do the right thing by going to the police. He promised to keep her safe at all times, making sure nobody could ever harm her again. Yet she still refused while apologizing for being so afraid. As I hugged her I felt her shaking knowing she was truly scared of this person, rightfully so. Steven, Trey and I felt that if she would just press charges, Adam would not walk the streets ever again. Leaving him to rot in a cemented room, alone where he belonged was going to be a good day in HELL or as they call it, PRISON! We needed to find a way to convince Clarice to press charges. The trial was starting in three short days, with or without her cooperation.




Clarice tells us the horror she had encountered with Adam Sprinkles. Unwilling to testify in court, she was in fear of her life. Convincing her to testify in court would prove harder than once thought.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heidixoxo All rights reserved.
Heidixoxo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.