Horror and Thriller Fiction posted October 4, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A tragic story of misguided love.

He Lied To Me

by Thesis

"He lied to me. He said that we would be together once she was out of the picture. I didn't know he was married. He lied to me...why would he do that? I'm such an idiot."

"Miss Nathan, please try to calm yourself. I'm Lieutenant Morgan. You are being placed under arrest for the murders of Jane Healy and Robert Morelli. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used against you in court. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, the court will assign one for you. Do you understand your rights as I've explained them?"

"Y...Yes."

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I met Robbie on Facebook. He lived a few towns away from me, we began leaving messages for each other and after about six months, we agreed to meet for a drink to see if we got along. That was two years ago. He was really cute and I started seeing him a few times a week. At first, we just hung out, and then it got serious. We started sleeping together around his shifts at work. I went to school, so he usually came over before he went to work for a little fun. Everything was really great, then about a year ago, he told me that he was still involved in a relationship with another girl. I felt betrayed."

Sobbing, Traci's eyes welled-up and released a barrage of tears, causing her eye make-up to run down the right side of her face. Lt. Morgan was watching as he wondered how an otherwise "good-girl", never involved with as much as a parking ticket, could get into such a mess as she was in now. He unconsciously shook his head, realizing how much she resembled his own twenty-two year old daughter.

"Go, on."

"So, I followed him one day. I waited for him to get out of work and followed him home. I saw him being greeted by this cute little blonde, who must have been about three years old. My heart sank. Did he have a wife and kids? I was really confused. I sat in my car watching his house for about an hour. Finally, I drove away, texting him when I got home."

"What did you say in the text?"

"I asked him what he was doing. He said he was working late at the mall. He works at Madden shoe store in Bridgewater. I knew he was lying, so I told him I was in the mall looking for him and they said he already left."

"How did he react?"

"He got furious with me. He texted back, accusing me of stalking him. He told me that he had to re-think our relationship if I was going to be checking up on him."

"How did that make you feel?"

"I was beside myself, so I texted him again. This time I asked him who the little blonde girl was."

"What did he say?"

"He said he didn't know what I was talking about and didn't answer any of my texts for the next several days."

"What happened then?"

"He showed up at my apartment one morning, let himself in and got into bed with me. He apologized for being a jerk and made love to me, until he had to go to work."

"Did you question him anymore?"

"No, I missed him, so I didn't say anything more about it."

"So, everything was fine until last night?"

"Yeah, he came over every morning and we had sex before he went to work, we met at the bar every night right after he got out of the mall for a drink, then we each went home. He said he was tired from being on his feet all day and since we saw each other every morning, I didn't want to jeopardize our relationship."

"Traci, were you comfortable with a relationship on his terms?"

"Well, not really, but it was that or I would lose him. I've never really dated much. I kind of thought it was pretty normal, until I started telling my friends about him. They were very concerned that he was still in his previous relationship, so tonight I finally got up enough courage to confront him."

"Tell me what happened."

Sobbing, Traci hunched over in the chair. It appeared as though she was going to be ill.

"Are you alright? Can I get you some water or something?"

"No, thank you. I just can't believe what happened. I never intended to hurt anyone. I was just so angry.

"Take your time, just go slow and tell me what happened."

"Two nights ago, after Robbie went home from the bar, my girlfriends called and asked me to meet them at another bar for drinks. It was only eleven o'clock and I didn't want to go home, so I agreed. We had a few drinks and the girls gave me the courage to talk to Robbie about our future. So I skipped class today and thought about what I was going to say to Robbie. About eight o'clock I put on my best dress and heels and was getting ready to meet him at the bar."

"Sounds like you were going to give him an ultimatum."

"I was. I had to know when we were really going to be together. SO I got to the bar early and ordered a glass of wine and waited. He never showed up. At ten fifteen, I texted him. His response was that he was tired and going straight home."

"What did you do?"

"I went to his house."

"That must have made him angry."

"It made his wife, very angry."

"His wife?"

"Yeah, Jane was his wife. I didn't know he was married."

"What happened?"

"Well, Jane went into a rage. She asked Robbie who I was and he told her I was some college girl that is stalking him at the mall."

"That must have pissed you off."

"I couldn't believe it. When I asked how he could say that, after he's been coming to my apartment for the last year to get laid every morning, his wife went berserk. She started punching him and screaming hysterically. He came after me, punching me and calling me horrible names, like whore, slut and worse. I was beside myself. All of a sudden, I was being physically attacked by both of them. Jane was calling me a whore, home wrecker, and tramp. They were hurting me. I tried to fight back, but they cornered me in the kitchen."

"What did you do?"

"I don't remember picking up the knife. All I remember is the blood. Lots of it, on the floor, the walls, and my hands."

"And then?"

"I screamed and cried and wished I were dead."

"Why?"

"Because, that's when I saw the little blonde girl walk into the kitchen in her pink feety pajamas, right into the pool of her parent's blood."




The Crying Doll writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 1000 -1500 word flash fiction, horror or thriller story about why the girl in the artwork is crying. You must use the artwork and create your story around it.

Recognized


Thanks to MKPHOTO for use of this very expressive artwork. The story is 1169 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.