Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted August 13, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My letter for the Dear John-Joan contest.

Dear Frank

by zeezeewriter

Dear Frank:

This will come as a surprise to you. I am leaving you.

You see, I am free now. My penance is complete. I have suffered the ultimate hell and now I am absolved from all sins committed before meeting you.

You served my purpose. You allowed me to live in Hades and suffer my punishment. I was not sure any one person could fill the bill, but you stepped up your game and knocked off years of additional penance needed to restore my soul. I am forever in your debt.

So I am off, leaving you behind in your own wretched existence. I would tell you that I would like to take you along for the new ride; in truth, you don't deserve the next breath you breathe.

The five years we spent together was my ultimate cleansing. I played you for my own salvation. How appropriate! I used you to set myself free from sins of my past. You were easy and stupid. You loved the game. I loved you for your arrogance.

When you stole my fur coat to go to the track, I was thrilled. When you sold my stereo to bet a horse, I was ecstatic. When you ripped off my boss for the night's receipts, I loved you even more. You bought into my fake anger.

I rolled around in the misery. Just to prove it, I lost my car and slept with bedbugs. I jumped over rats as big as cats behind dive bars. I cleaned up shit in men's rooms and mopped up puke from drunks and degenerates. I reveled in the degradation. It was my lot in life. I deserved it.

Suicide was never an option, a chicken's way out. I would go the distance. I would reduce myself to less than zero.

So now I am here; I am less than zero. I have nothing. I am nothing. As they say, "no where to go but up." So I walk out with my head held high. I have suffered and come out on the other side.

I try to feel sorry for you, my saviour. In the end, you are a parasite. You feed on other people, except in this one case. I fed off your rotten soul. Color me, "Out of here."



Recognized


Truth is a mother and a muse pump. I never enter my own contest. I thank all who entered the Dear John-Joan prompt. Zee
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.