Writing Fiction posted April 19, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Opening Lines and Final Thoughts

Writing Prompt Entry

by Sasha

OPENING LINES:



1.  The bastard took everything, including the curtains, but all that mattered was he was gone and I was finally free.



2.  My dear, don't you know suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem?



3.  Who would have believed a fart could change the course of history?



4.  Telling Susan a secret guaranteed the whole town would soon know about Tom's infidelities.



5.  I only put my teeth in to keep from frightening the boy who delivers my groceries. 



6.  Knowing my daughter hates me breaks my heart but I continue to cling to the hope that someday she will forgive me. 







FINAL THOUGHTS:



1.  Getting away with murder wasn't as satisfying as I imagined.



2.  Death did not frighten me; knowing no one cared was my only regret. 



3.  Christmas was obviously his favorite day but for some reason, Santa was not in his usual jolly mood.



4.  I was wrong to think the best way to become Betty's friend was to criticize her enemy.



5.  God help me, I have become the very thing I spent my entire life hating. 



6.  In life, there are no guarantees.



Recognized


I found this prompt interesting and desided to give it a try.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.