Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 23, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Scary Fiction

The Meeting

by zeezeewriter

And so it came to pass on a day not unlike today, in the year two-thousand and eight,  that the false gods, puffing on big cigars and sipping the finest cognac, gathered together to divvy up the world.

Each brought his own agenda, sharing only the philosophy of righteous greed for the good of all; or at least for themselves.

Calls were made, players played, and closed-door handshakes abound. “One hand washes the other,” was their mantra; a lie agreed upon while licking their vile lips in unison.

The meeting place, a viper's den surrounded by hornets, no nest needed, as they gathered in plain view of each other. Grey flannel and striped ties with tiny flags adorning lapels sat next to flowing robes of the finest Egyptian cotton. A regal photo moment, but no cameras allowed.

A hush fell over the group as the chairperson stood and dropped the gavel onto the ornate table.  “This meeting will come to order,” he said. “Please stand as we give allegiance to our esteemed realm.” 

I pledge my allegiance to this coven and all who join here for the betterment of worthy individuals, and give my solemn oath to protect and defend our sovereign rule above all loyalty to State, Country or God.

"Can we get a report from our Middle Eastern representative?"

“We have succeeded in our campaign of terror. We have instilled fear into the hearts of the masses. We have turned one religious base against all others.”

“Can we get a report from our Western representative?”

“Yes, we used the campaign of fear with religious persuasion to control voting and tap into the patriotic fervor of our sheeple. Our mission is a complete success.”

“Can we get a report from our Banking constituents?’

“Yes, the plan to use the greed of Corporations mixed with the stupidity of the populous has culminated in the total control of all wealth, now and in the foreseeable future.”

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to thank you for your participation in this most momentous occasion. While our triumphs are known by few, they are felt by many.  It is by our cunning and continued manipulation of the sheeple in this world we live, knowing their need to be deceived, that we are able, on this day, to declare ourselves the true rulers of the world." 

And so they raised their glasses, these jackals, and ran their serpent-like tongues into the bottom of their snifters, sucking out the last drops of sheeple blood, a symbolic gesture of their power and supremacy.  Then together, they smashed their chalises at the foot of the giant monitor displaying the world news of the day.

Bernanke: Approve bailout or risk recession

U.S.has no more troops for Afghan war until spring

Iranian president blames US for market collapse

Bush: World must stand united against terrorism

They danced late into the night, feasting on flesh and broken dreams.  Back-slapping and high five’ing while the sheeple slept in sweet denial, comforted by the promise of eternal life after death; a small price to pay for giving up the only thing they possess ... their freedom.



Recognized


I hope my imagination is overactive. This should not, and could not happen. Or could it?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.