General Poetry posted February 17, 2008 Chapters:  ...3 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
As terrorism destroys its concept.

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

Martyr!

by Mike K2

I know where I am headed!
Terror infliction is my
tool, to your dread!

My enjoyment is of murder
and mayhem, keeping me alive.
I wrap myself in any cause
for attention, even religion,
as to my ends I strive.

My friends came upon you,
already sacrificed,
I huddle and hide.
Plan and conspire, get angry
and frustrated people aboard,
for this grand ride.

We will do what it takes!
Inflicting terror that
you will never know, when or
where it will come about!
We will capture the media's
attention and lull them into
believing, this injustice handed
to us, of which we shout!

To people of my religion, that
might have a better view.
In sending out my message.
Sorry, I also have to sacrifice you!

I say that you died because
to Allah you weren't really
as faithful as me, in any way.
I will see who I lovingly killed
in my created carnage and explain
it in a statement the next day.

I have no qualms about even
destroying my religion or
God's Kingdom as I crave
more and take it farther.

People will celebrate me!
Martyr!



Recognized


Martyr-1) A person who chooses to die rather then give up his principle; a person who is killed because of his beliefs. 2) A person who sufferers great pain or misery for a long time.

There were three articles from the Baltimore Sun Papers that inspired this piece.

Thursday 02.14.2008-"Bomb kills Hezbollah militant." The article mentions that Imad Mughniyeh who is believed responsible for a TWA hijacking, bombing of a marine embassy and Marine barracks in Beirut and the group that he was a part of were responsible for several other attacks such as the Kobar Towers in Saudi Arabia. The group also blames Israel for the bombing.

Friday 02.15.2008- Two headlines-"Lebanese honor two martyrs" and "Hezbollah chief vows revenge for killing." There by setting up the next cycle of violence.

My personal thought is the way the headline as stated, ",Lebanese honor two martyrs;" it is very disingenuous. Why are they reported as being martyrs? Because someone says they are? I feel they it be reported that some believe they are martyrs, but more leg work should be done to see how the rest of Islam views them as such;- I doubt it very much. I wished a formal declaration of war would be declared against terrorist groups and the powers to deal with this should be overtly broadened. Many people become suicide bombers in the knowledge that their families will be taken care of after their death better then they could; dare I say this comfort of thought be eliminated, both with the suicide bomber's families and the people that provided the money and the arms that bring this about.

True, a Martyr is some one that has willingly died for his beliefs, but notice I didn't say voluntarily. By no means am I an expert on any religion, but I believe that Islam took hold to a people that were travelers and nomadic people. They were given a religion to practice that they could take anywhere and follow and with them, I have no doubt in my mind that there are true Islamic Martyrs who stood by their beliefs and died by someone else's hand. I feel that every religion has its' martyrs. In my opinion, what the terrorists are doing by redefining, "martyr," is a grave injustice and a mistake. Let them consider them such, but let the rest of the world, refuse credence. I'm know that people who rob have excuses, people who kill (murder, meaning deliberate-other then self-defense), have their's as well. Do we excuse them for their act? I don't believe that a cause can be attached to their acts. These groups have a military and a humanitarian wing; a cloak in my feelings. I believe that the world can not permit this, as aid has been shunted to military wings and for them to receive any aid, common sense dictates that this can not be permitted.

Terrorism in my opinion is to give people power that really couldn't get it through any other means. Yes, many people have died at terrorist hands, but look around today and you will discover that it is the terrorist's fellow Muslims that make up the greatest losses the terrorists inflict. Maybe an effort needs to be made to illustrate this point to honor the innocent Muslim people that have lost their lives in this terrorist cause, whether it be from these bazaar bombings or a nation lead by strict adherents who view their beliefs as the only way. I believe that the best governments, sort of separate religion (but not visa versa) from governing and allow people to make their own decisions. Let God decide who is right, what better way can we create?

The Untied States has its' Memorial wall for each Vietnam Veteran who lost their life, the Islamic people should erect their own. My suggestion on the beginning, "There is no better way to loose one's life then for his beliefs. But oh, no worse curse for the one who has taken these lives for theirs." I fear that the list of names would stretch across the desert.

From my religion, Jesus exclaimed, "You Hypocrites! All!" In the life time of Jesus a documentary pointed out that the Greek theater might have been nearby and that is a term that means actors. Once I understood the meaning, "actors," I believe that is exactly what terrorists are. Thank you for considering my words.

-Post Note: I made this poem available to a priest at my church and he felt that this piece was very timely because very recently and Catholic Priest of an church in Iraq, was assassinated outside of his church while still wearing his vestments. This priest was noted for his striving for peace. Needless to say, another priest will willingly take his place. I wonder if this priest receive the same press attention, if any at all. I wonder which type of martyr would get God's better judgment. I now dedicate this work to ALL people that are willing to sacrifice or have sacrificed their lives in their beliefs, not by their own hands or taking innocent lives.

Also related are my poems, "Ex-Prime Minister" and "[The longest] Poem for World Peace"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.