General Poetry posted January 17, 2008 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Protesting and responsibility, not attention!

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

Protestors! Go Home!

by Mike K2


An event that occurred near work.
You invade grieving people's lives.
Reveling in and causing them strife.

Their son's and daughter's lives
given in service for their country.
Based on the principals they guard,
that allow you to do this and run free.

You disturb innocent people's lives,
saying this is what "GOD!", because
of our sins, has for us in-store.
Yet its obvious, by your prancing around
and goading, you're just media whores.

You enjoy the controversy and anger that
you put upon people's backs.
You state all that you do, saying you'll
see it all through; then you are gone
as soon as the press wraps up and packs.

You say that we are to blame, for God's wrath!
To me your nothing more then the devil's gaff!
I feel the greatest aspect of being Christian
is the Golden Rule.
Would you enjoy all of us, showing up on your
grieving family, you fool?






Photograph taken January 8, 2008 by an anonymous employee.

The title is derived from a sign that another fellow employee saw fit to tape to the shop's door.

Before Christendom greets me across my back or I am lashed by words. This poem is not about religion, religious beliefs or opinions. Many Christians hold similar views, including my father. I shared with him my beliefs and observations that America has been blessed; in part that we take up causes for the greater good, freedom and justice. Everybody not only has an opinion but the right to state it and invite a discourse. This particular poem is about personal responsibility. Period. Somewhere along the line, people feel that they have a right invade other people's lives and use mayhem for their own selfish purpose with purulent intentions. I believe at this point, a protest crosses the line. There were numerous police officers there to protect the protesters from harm, the very people who this groups states dies for God's wrath. It doesn't take a genius or theologian to figure out who has the higher ideals.

The best thing that God can do to punish each and every one of us is to let us suffer the fate of our own decisions. I really don't think that he has too work so hard as to kill people to make His point. That isn't why He is here.

This background about the protest is compiled from baltimoresun.com a web based extentsion of the Baltimore Sun Papers.

This was a protest done by the Kansas based Westboro Baptist Church. Attending the funeral was Daniel Griffen Jr. who was not only involved in the accident, but lost his wife and four of his children and step children to a drunk driving accident that occurred December 31, 2007. The drunk driver entered the Ohio interstate in the wrong direction and hitting the family head on. The group said that this accident is God's retaliation for a Baltimore Jury awarding awarding a Westminster man $11 million dollars for the disruption of his funeral for his son, a soldier killed in Iraq. Needless to say, God's retaliation for use being there and for our acceptance of homosexuality. The picture says it all. Having lossed a love due to a drunk driver, if I had ripped on of these protesters apart, could I not say, "God told me to do that?"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.