Horror and Thriller Fiction posted January 10, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Flash fiction - Murder and Mayhem

Annihilation

by Janilou


Not for the weak hearted.












Looming without warning, the thick odorous wave of death swept across their world. Bodies exploded and pieces were washed away. Millions lost their lives, as their most powerful weapons were rendered useless in a matter of seconds.

No one wept.

If ever life seemed insignificant, it was at that moment. 

The survivors crept to remote regions of their universe without speaking. It would take time. But one day, they would regain their strength and multiply . . . filling the earth once more. The day would come. Revenge would be theirs.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Karen replaced the tube of hand sanitizer in the glove box and smiled at her husband. "They sure make this stuff smell good these days," she sighed, rubbing her hands together until the gel absorbed into her skin.  

"Ah-choo!"
 
"Darn flu bugs," she muttered, and reached for the bottle once more.




Recognized


Kills 99.9 percent of germs. So the bottle says.

I think the flu bugs got to my brain!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.