General Fiction posted May 23, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A story about profiles on Facebook

Facebook Profile

by Brenda Strauser


Mary was ecstatic! She could finally get in touch with her old friends because she had joined Facebook.  One day, she received a message from an unknown girl named Amy.
 
She wrote, "Hi Mary, you don't know me but I have information on your husband cheating on you for 2 years. You will have to pay me if you want more information."
 
"Mary asked herself," Is this a scam or the truth about him?"
 
Memories of her husband's past  infidelity flooded her mind. She wasn't sure what the truth was.
 
Later in the week  Amy wrote, "The profile page was fake, the messages were all lies. I made everything up. A rumor about your husband having an affair was the new topic at work. I thought you would pay money for more information." Sorry!
 
Mary was furious and determined to find the culprit who tried to extort  money from her.



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Picture from Pinterest.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Strauser All rights reserved.
Brenda Strauser has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.