General Poetry posted April 30, 2024 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
NaPoWriMo Contest Entry #28

A chapter in the book Everyday Miracles

Tea Time

by DeboraDyess

Jeanenne will call, "Let's go get tea!"
and I'll jump into her car.
We go to grab our favorite drink -
not liquer store or bar.

We'll pull into our 'favorite' spot.
(It's always one of three.)
We know exactly what we want
 it's not just some sweet tea.

We drive and talk and talk and drive,
share life in both colors and grays,
As sunset melts the Texas sky
she drops me off, we go our ways.

Tea runs low but friendships do not
and I thank God for the ones I've got.


 




We do stop for tea at 'one of three'. Sonic, Chicken Express, and Tea2Go are our 'spots'. It depends on the day and what kind of tea we're craving!

God has blessed me with such incredible friends. Jeanenne is my friend, my counselor, my accountability partner, and my partner in 'crime'. (Oh, yeah... We're BAD! lol) I could write about each of them but this is the end of the challenge, so... Sorry other gals!
I know this is posted as #28 but I entered two poems in contests this month. I'll renumber them as 29 and 30 because the system tricked me. It said 'add chapter' and then gave me an option to enter them in a contest. I was unaware that it would take them out of my book of poems.
Thanks so much for spending April with me!
I hope you see the everyday miracles God puts into your life each day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.