General Poetry posted April 28, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A poem that highlights a paradox of human behaviors.

A look into reality

by RichardsonKimberlee

 

A look into reality

People are animals., some may perceive themselves as exempt from this animalistic nature, but upon introspection, we must confront the reality that we are indeed savages. They're on the outside looking in. When you’re on the inside looking out and finally opened your eyes, you will then realize that Humans are savages.

We tear up homes just to live where someone or something was living. We destroyed cities just to get to one person.

We kill babies because of overcrowding or because of unreadieness.

We steal, we start trouble, we take what’s not ours, but we don’t like it when it’s done to us.

 We kill, hunt, and eat animals but when wild animals hunt and eat us they are labeled dangerous. Becoming blinded by the actions you fail to realize that the real danger is you!

The real danger is you, I, the person next to you, your family, your kids, and everyone around you.

   I get it, it’s survival of the fittest but what’s the fittest when you have already survived.

You are a savage, you are dangerous, you are an animal. Take a look in the mirror and see that the real danger is you.

 



Free Verse Poetry Contest contest entry


The mirror reveals the uncomfortable truth: the real danger is not external but internal. It resides within each of us, in our actions, our families, our communities. Despite surviving countless challenges, we remain ensnared by our savage instincts, unable to transcend our primal nature. Only by acknowledging and confronting this reality can we hope to transcend it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RichardsonKimberlee All rights reserved.
RichardsonKimberlee has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.