Essay Non-Fiction posted April 20, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Pride in being an American Citizen

Happy To Be an American Citizen

by nomi338


 

What if America had been discovered and colonized by someone else?

Yes, the land was taken from the Indians who had lived here for years. If it had not been by the original settlers, someone else would have done it eventually.

The Battle of Little Big Horn taught us a lesson about the underestimation of people thought to be primitive.

Yes, America enslaved a huge number of African slaves, treated them horribly. Despite that, we have the achievements of George Washington Carver, Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King Jr. And don’t even get me started on Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson, and oh my God, Aretha Franklin, Duke Ellington, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles. The list goes on and on.

Yes, we created nuclear weapons, thank God we did it first, can you imagine what would have happened if Hitler had beat us to it, as he very nearly did.

Consider the mass production of automobiles, airplanes, televisions, etc.

And what about our movies, and our movie stars, Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Clark Gable, John Wayne, the list is far too long to continue.

We have treated some of our citizens badly, but at the same time, we have provided opportunities that allowed them to rise above bad treatment to teach the world what can be done.

I very strongly believe that one of America’s strongest contributions has been its hands off approach to religion. So many countries have massacred people who did not believe or failed to worship the state mandated religious practices.

We have much of which we should be ashamed, but we also have much of which we can and should be proud. As I write this, I can say with pride that I very much appreciate being an American citizen.




Recognized

#14
April
2024


There is much that America has done that can be criticized, but who among us all are without sin? None. So, I will continue to sing the praises of the land that gave me birth, life, a career, a family , a home, and a hope for the future.
the cover photo is from Istock.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. nomi338 All rights reserved.
nomi338 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.