Humor Fan Fiction posted April 16, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The time is four-forty five a.m. ...

With Eyes Barely Open

by Tom Horonzy


 
It was four-forty a.m

I was barely awake or, perhaps more precisely, nearly asleep, dreaming an unclean scene inclusive of a quean that could have been a young woman, a girl, a daughter, but it wasn't, for instead, it was my dearly departed sister, not a nun, who was holding a bat with a mortifying, modicum of blood dripping from its barrel and end cap.

It is a good thing I sleep with my 'eyes narrowly open' (a take-off of"Eyes Wide Shut"), or I might be shuddering thinking Sharon was here for me, or is it there, as I am no longer abed but at my keyboard instead?
 
And why? I hadn't abused her since her teens, [(1963-65)] which was sixty+ years ago, [(her age being either 13,14 or 15)]  when I left home at seventeen (1965) for boot camp, or her death, which was March 31, 2006, so I read  (with a short e -like red) gleaned from an obituary printed in the Trenton Times, of N.J., which I delivered as a boy. (The time is now five a.m., but from here out I will not be updating what time it is.)  

To clarify, the time of which I speak/write would have been in the late fifties when I delivered for "Times" and "Trentonian" newspapers, not in this century when she d i e d. (The Times was the city's evening paper and the Trentonian was its morning rag.)

Anyhow, it only goes to show that since beginning (and continuing) my series of short stories (seeing how long stories are out of my attending purview, and thus cannot be), "From a Demented or Mystifying Mind," nothing has changed. I remain as I was when I began writing the procession two weeks ago.

Furthermore, if you want more of the same folderol, you'll need to encourage me to continue writing such nonsensical murmurings by telling a friend, "Tom - his writs are rather funny!"

The end!
 




The following pair had nothing on me: A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - a 1963 American epic comedy film produced and directed by Stanley Kramer. You'd think I would have better things to do in the wee morning hours.

I selected the genre to be Fan Fiction, though the event actually did or is taking place fictitiously in a real-at-the-moment event. The dream DID occur, but I was not revisiting an event of the past.
The photo embedded, as usual, is my own photography.

I even threw in some member cents for many won't read without a reward!/
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.