Biographical Poetry posted April 13, 2024 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
#13 - NoPoWriMo 2024 - Remembering how new love felt

A chapter in the book Love is in the Air

Heartbeats

by Ginda Simpson

Heartbeats

are how I count

the minutes you are gone.

Memories of you fill me with

longing.





This is my 13th poem for NaPoWriMo 2024, an American Cinquain. In the early twentieth century the American poet Adelaide Crapsey, inspired by the five-line Japanese poetic form of tanka, began to write five-line poems that followed a distinct form. This poetic form soon came to be known as an American cinquain (though it's also sometimes referred to as a Crapseian cinquain, after its creator). The American cinquain is an unrhymed, five-line poetic form defined by the number of syllables in each line�??�?�¢??the first line has two syllables, the second has four, the third six, the fourth eight, and the fifth two (2-4-6-8-2). They are typically written using iambs.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ginda Simpson All rights reserved.
Ginda Simpson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.