General Non-Fiction posted April 12, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
There are MANY things I don't like other than...

Since Archie Bunker Isn't Runnin

by Reese Turner


I voted for Donald Trump! Twice! Will I do that again? You bet I will! Let me put this in perspective:

Point #1:  I never knowingly missed a segment of “All In The Family” because this Texan liked Archie Bunker. He was not always "politically correct".  He was sometimes "rude, crude and uncouth" – as my mother used to say.  But, he was true to those who expected him to work hard and be faithful to his home and the people who lived there.  Which brings me to…

Point #2:  While Donald Trump is a New Yorker, like Archie, and I find reasons to NOT like him, but there are a plethora of things I dislike MUCH MORE:

•    Inflation at 9% at first, and NOW back up to 3.5%, on top of the years of 9% is hard on old retired folks like me.  And, on young hard working folks trying to start a career and build a family.

•    Forgiveness of student loans means MY hard-earned retirement is footing the bill.  I worked part-time, plus served my country in the Navy during ‘Nam partly for the G.I. Bill which got me educated. We are now paying off loans for over-educated people who serve nothing but the restaurant tables where they work.  Many majored in arts and crafts and other useless sillyness.

•    Food! Wife and I seldom go out to eat anymore.  We're buying fewer better cuts of meat, etc.  (Full disclosure: So, I've lost thirty pounds+...)
 
•    Prime rate of around 8% which is wrecking the home builders AND the middle-class taxpayers who want to buy a home. Under Trump and low inflation, that rate was around 4%.

•    Crime in our cities, especially Dumbocrat run cities, growing into chaos and anarchy. Who wants to go to New York, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Portland, Philly?  People who can are LEAVING those hell-holes!

•    Open borders: CRIMINALS, child MOLESTERS, and millions of welfare seekers are welcomed in.  Not to mention, 10s of thousands of military age men from evil places. How 'bout 100,000+ Americans/year open-border drug deaths...

•    Fossil fuels have been a blessing to USA and our success and standard of living have depended on them. Trump's FOR “Drill-Baby-Drill”, unlike liberals who want us to cap our wells. Food, mail, building materials - all distributed by DIESEL TRUCKS!

•    Weak, stumbling, inept, leadership invites evil-doers to encroach against we the peaceful. Communist China, the Ayatollah, Russia and the rest do not respect a “Peace Sign”.  They want to bury us. Liberals, other stupid people refuse to accept that reality. Biden is the top of that list.

•    This old Methodist is unwavering in devotion to Israel. The Torah is the Old Testament of my Bible.  Jesus? A Jew.  We need a president of strength and resolve about such things.

Thanks for reading this far, but the current regime's a waste of time and money. Worse, they are a death sentence on our future. 




I won't win anything here with this one, but it sure felt good to write! So much for my wife's rule, "keep your opinions to yourself"... Suddenly, I'm in the mood to go send another check to Trump!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Reese Turner All rights reserved.
Reese Turner has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.