Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted April 7, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Make me ... water

Make me ... water

by Iza Deleanu

When I was little my mom used to say that I was a solar girl, with a special glamour in my eyes. I was born under a lucky star and baptized in the holy water of joy. I just stepped out of my cocooned existence and breathed in the salty ocean. I closed my eyes, sent my prayer of gratitude to the Almighty and got lost in the vast ocean of ancient knowledge. Here I am at home, and nothing can touch me. Somewhere back in time, I am the shadow that obscured my mother’s joy.  

“Mom, are you dreaming again?” 

“No, my little one, I am just living the best moment of my life. Come sit next to me and let the water take you places!” 

“What water mom? You have been gazing at that glass of water since forever.” 

“It takes practice to see what I see my love, and it takes patience. It is fine, one day you will understand. You are part of me, and   I know you have this secret light as well.” 

******* 

Now, looking back, my mom was right. I have it in me, and this saved me many times. When I have a bad day, I wash it away with a "glass of water," the purest drink of my life that brings me back my Pura Vida.  

Of course there is trouble in Paradise, because my only problem is in order “to unleash the dragon”, I need the actual body of water, the bigger the better. The glass of water staring journey is not enough for me. I need to get out of that glass of water and let myself be engulfed and baptized over and over in my love, the sea, or the mystique waterfall. And boy, I’ve tried all, I even tumbled feet down in cool waterfalls and black cenotes and I have crossed sacred Lakes in Yucatan! 

 I am lucky to move to this part of the world where I can explore the real thing.  I recall when I was young that the joke of the day was "If I see the Mediterranean Sea, I am happy to die after"! In 2006 I saw it, and of course like a normal human being I’ve cheated fate and pushed my boundaries further by saying, once I am seeing the Carribean Sea I am ready to go. Then the Pacific replaced the Atlantic Ocean... and I am still here, because I still must see the Indian Ocean. I need to see the great coral barrier in Australia.... Am I ever ready to let go? I guess not!  

How can I let go when I started my greatest adventure? My life just opened a new chapter. My latest trip to my favorite sea of all times, my beautiful Carribean Sea opened my eyes to new realms. Roatan opened the door to new friendships and adventures and yes, it gave me the second largest barrier reef, and also my first coral island. For the first time in my life, I was le petite sirene having a one-on-one meeting with exotic fish. I swam over my fake limit and dared to step into the abyss and snorkel at night under the moonlight and weak light of a borrowed flashlight. Ha, ha, ha, I did the: “something new, something old and something borrowed tradition.” The new was snorkeling at night, the old was my body that got a new dimension in this trip getting out of the old shell and the borrow was that flashlight that metaphorically ripped the veil of “yes, I freaking, can do this!” 

Hey, now I realized that I was for a moment Jacque Costeau, yes, another dream of mine to fall in his tracks. Who said that a divorce is the end of your existence? I guess three years ago it was me crying in the corner, but with my first trip to Costa Rica, it opened my eyes. Life is so precious it has to be embraced with the good, the bad and the precious. Life is... make me love, make me water! It took me more than forty years to get here, but here I AM! I love the mountain that sits in front of me, and I can hear the calling of the water. I don’t care if I am Sisyphus in this story. I am ready to play the Phoenix all over again, if I get to be reborn over and over from these precious and unique ashes gifted by God. 

Yeah, I know God made me love, and also made me water, life is priceless , climb the ladder! 



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.