Mystery and Crime Fiction posted March 30, 2024 Chapters:  ...28 29 -30- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The truth revealed.

A chapter in the book Guilt-Stained Badge

Morgan Junior

by Douglas Goff


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.



Background
In the last chapter, Morgan held a press conference in which Reporter Mac Yung pointed out some inconsistencies.

Tamra glanced over at a lightly snoring Morgan. Several bouts of energetic sex had helped put him to sleep. I let him treat me like Disneyland and go on every ride. I know how to take care of my man. 

Now she was sitting up in the bed beside him, struggling to crochet a baby blanket. She found it difficult to hold the needle between her thumb and the cast. 

Tamra had already bought a crib and several newborn outfits. I know it’s early, but Morgan’s so excited.  

Once she was sure he was sleeping, she sat her crocheting aside and pulled a manila envelope from between the mattresses. Opening it, she dumped two pink objects into her hand. They were the bunny earrings Kelly had worn. 

Of course, she had planted the other dead prostitutes’ remaining earrings in Anderson’s apartment, as well as a couple needles to match the ‘hot shots’ that killed the hookers. She hadn’t left anything to chance when it came to her man. My poor baby was a mess for a long time but I got him straightened out.

"Now, I know you can't hear me, but that's not going to stop me from sharing. What crazy timing when that filthy whore Beth Mackie bent over to grab your wallet and I shoved that heroin overdose into her fat butt." Sometimes, when you’re a good person, things just work out perfectly. 

“Silly hookers thought they could get in the way of our love, Morgan. I showed them, didn’t I baby.“ It wasn’t too hard to tail him around when we worked the same schedules.  Surprised he never saw me, but that’s what happens when a man thinks with the wrong head.  

“I bought the cutest little whore outfit, Morgan. Showed up behind O’Ryan’s in it and found Jennifer Collins blowing a fella out in the back parking lot at closing, just like clockwork. Once she finished, she was all too happy to take a needle from the ‘new girl’. So, she actually killed herself when she injected my ‘hot’ shot.”

Tamra hummed the entire tune to ‘Rock A Bye Baby Baby’ before continuing, “Amy Henderson was just as easy. Heck, easier. She was practically salivating when she saw my needle.”

Her face scrunched up in anger.  

“That Kelly was harder though. Cautious. Had to badge my way in and tell her you’d been hurt. When she turned to get her coat, I shoved the needle in deep. Boy, I could see why you had a thing for her. She had a firm cute behind. Didn’t expect her to elbow me in the eye, but what an awesome opportunity to add some flavor to my story.” Slamming my hand in the drawer was a small price to pay for my man. 

She giggled again. 

“Killing Kelly was all about timing. It was no easy task getting Anderson and you to show up at her apartment at the same time, Baby. But you’d be so proud of me. I pulled it off perfectly.” She watched Morgan breathing for awhile while she sang some of the words to ‘Every Breath You Take’.

“Anderson came over for a lunchtime quickie and got really worked up when he saw my injuries. All I had to do was say you did it. I mean, I only screwed the guy three times and he was already declaring his undying love for me. Even gave me the key to his apartment.” Such a pansy.

“You’d think that would have knocked me up, but I guess the silly man was shooting blanks. Aw, don’t worry. You’d never have known it wasn’t your kid, Morgan. I told him you said you were heading to Kelly’s address to wrap up some loose ends. Boy but was he so excited  to rush out and bust you all by himself!” I’m brilliant.

She let out a wolf whistle. “You’re so darn handsome, Morgan.”

Yeah, that Kelly had to go. “You didn’t really think I’d leave that young slut around to tempt you? Not a chance, Baby.”

Tamra began crocheting again, and after humming for a bit, frowned at the sleeping Morgan.

“I'm not going to lie, seeing that floozy Vicki Vance in your apartment really hurt.” Tamra wiped a tear that was forming from her eye. “I mean, how could she treat my dead sister that way? Sleep with her man when they’d been friends? Dirty backstabber! I went there to confess my love for you and once she was paying full attention, I slit her throat from ear to ear. Trollop certainly got what she deserved.”

Morgan rolled over and mumbled. Tamra quickly adjusted the covers around him so he wouldn’t get cold.  

“And that little poop, Paco. What a foul turd he was. Shouldn’t have tried to kill my man. After we got off the phone, I showed up at his warehouse in my ‘hooker getup’ and found that fat Hugo sitting out front in an old Cadillac. Told him I wanted to join Paco’s fold. Didn’t take much convincing while I jerked him off in the front seat. Can you believe that huge man had a tiny little dick? Hard not to laugh. I was expecting a monster, but I could barely get ahold of the little thing. When Hugo closed his eyes, I put a bullet in his temple.”

She stopped and studied the baby blanket she was working on, then held it up for Morgan to see. “What do you think, hon?”

Morgan mumbled something unintelligible. 

“Awww. I agree. Looks great. I’m going to be such a dang good mother.” Tamra started working on the blanket again. “So, imagine Paco’s surprise when I stepped out of the shadows flashing my badge and wearing my hooker outfit. I walked right up and put one in his temple too. Killed him with his own .38.”

She sighed, stopping to contemplate. “Initially, I thought hard about making that heroin needle you gave me match up with the batch from the dead hookers. But that wouldn’t have cleared you from Anderson’s IA witch hunt. That’s where it really got tricky. No, I had to be much more clever that that.”

She hummed ‘Mary Had A Little Lamb’ before staring at him again. I couldn’t have Morgan lose his job. It’s important that we work together. That way I can keep my eye on him. He likes to get into trouble. Boys will be boys. 

Tamra giggled. “You’ll be happy to know I kept the sexy little hooker clothes. They’re hanging in my closest.” Just in case he gets the urge for more filthy street sex.

“Someday I’ll put that dirty little number on and let you ravage me. Won’t that be fun?”  

She opened a drawer on the end table and put her crocheting away. 

“But first, we have work to do.” I really need to get pregnant, or my man might get suspicious. “Don’t worry, Baby. We keep this sexual pace up and you’ll give me little Morgan Jr. in no time at all.” 

She reached over and ran her hand through his thick blond hair. The sleeping man merely moaned. Now that he’s mine, he’s never leaving. 

Tamra turned off the bedroom light, nestling close to Morgan. “I know you’re trying to get clean, baby, but I slipped you a Valium.” I’m so proud of him. “No more pesky nocturnal dream visitors for you. My man needs his sleep.”

Besides, I need to visit that nosy reporter Mac Yung tomorrow. He’s trouble. 

Tamra had wanted Morgan since the very first day she met him and she would never have let that aggressive Brian Anderson, or anyone else, take him down. Especially after I went through all the trouble of drugging and hanging my own twin sister in order to win my dream man.  





Thank you to all who journeyed with me, kept me straight, and motivated me to complete this. I appreciate you all. I stuck to my goal of a chapter a day. Prior to March 1, this book did not exist! I hope you enjoyed the ending twist. I mean, Anderson as the killer was way too obvious and I am sure some of you were saying really? One reviewer, Debbie DArcy, thought it was Tamra very early on, and would not waver.

Footnote:
Intramuscular injection of heroin is very rare, but skin-popping does occur. The massive amounts of drug Tamra injected would have caused Beth and Kelly to OD in just a few moments.

CLUES:

The first clue came in Chapter Five when Tamra told Hutch and Morgan that when they find the missing earrings they will have the killer. It was early, with only two bodies, to assume they had a trophy hunter. She was planting the idea.

In Chapter Six there were a plethora of clues. Tamra wore a sexy cocktail dress to have dinner with her brother-in-law Morgan. It did not match the scenario. Then she interrogated him and learned about the IA Anderson investigation.

Also in Chapter Six, Tamra knew Debra had been swinging from the center beam in the living room. This would be in the police report and not the coroners report as that would focus on cause of death like asphyxiation, head trauma, etc.

Finally, she admitted that she felt guilty about the death of Debra.

In Chapter Nine, Tamra sees Vicki Vance leaving Morgan. Her jealousy is a small clue, but the fact that she knew about the fling left only her and Steve as possible suspects having that knowledge at the time of the murder of Vicki.

In Chapter Eleven, there were two strong clues. First, couple of you keen minded women called me out when Tamra jumped Morgan even though he was injured. They said it was not the correct behavior of a normal woman. (This was a huge clue that she was cray-cray.)

Second, Tamra said she was going to kill Paco.

The next clue does not come until Chapter Twenty-One. Tamra admits she knows Morgan did not kill the women. The only way she would know he did not do it is if she knew who did.

In Chapter Twenty-five there were a couple small hints. Morgan called Tamra from jail and she told him that she has always loved him.

Also, Morgan told Tamra about Paco trying to kill him. The pimp ends up dead later that night. (I think this is a pretty big clue since no one else knew who rammed the car. She is firmly the only one with motive in all the killings at this point.)

In Chapter 28, Tamra was lying in a corner whimpering after Anderson supposedly hit her. She is tougher than that and in law enforcement. The behavior did not match her character. Also, she never called 911.

Also, they found semen from Anderson in her bed. (Another big clue as none of the murders were sexual.)

Clue themes throughout:

Tamra was super stalky. Showing up at his apartment after fight, etc.

The killer knew about Morgans earring fetish. That meant it had to be Tamra, Kelly, or Vicki. No one else knew and the other two ladies were victims.

All of the female victims were sleeping with Morgan. Vicki Vance was not killed until she banged Morgan. Then Paco and Raul were killed after they tried to kill Morgan. Whoever the killer was, they had a vested interest in Morgan. That should have eliminated everyone other than Anderson, Paco, and Tamra.

Anderson claimed Morgan needed help in their final confrontation. Normally a killer would confess his accomplishments to his nemesis before killing him. He never said he was the killer because he really thought Morgan was the killer.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.