Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted March 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Roatan

Roatan

by Iza Deleanu

How can I complain when God granted me one of my beautiful wishes from my bucket list. Yup, I know I have not kicked the bucket yet, but just in case I am working towards the complition of my list before... you know...

 

Here I am, in this beautiful island, Roatan. I am amazed by the beauty of this place. What can I ask more? Wonderful and clear water, snorkeling as I step out of the room, tranquility when I let myself carried away by the murmur of the water that washes me away in this magic kingdom. I know, until now my love was Costa Rica, but I must admit that I am charmed about the laziness of this place where you just are! Nobody rushes anywhere, and the things are done at a snail pace. But I have encountered a trace of my old world. A person that was hired by my old life, and is in charge of making my stay an unique experience. She is disrupting the pace of the snail by demending action, when something is not working in my room. Please forgive me for my five stars attitude. I am used to something different, but today I took  a step back and thanked God for this blessing, I know there are people in the world that are happy with less. So here I am, smitten and grateful. I left my five stars attitude at the door! What if the room is old and I have no hot water.... at least there is some kind of water running in that broken shower... "The food is hospital food!"

 

"Really? When have you been lately in a hospital? And what the heck, food is food, eat and shut up!" 

 

I have a few days left from my escapade, and then back to winter and the work... that I try to work around. Until my next trip,   will hibernate and do my best to earn the money that are going to take me to my next dream.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.