Young Adult Flash Fiction posted March 22, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Tim has no friends right now.

A Friend

by Raul1

Tim, a lonely man walks the sidewalk. He feels lonely and depressed because he has no friends. Suddenly a person he knows well comes along. It is Henry, a childhood friend he hung out with years ago. 
 
"Tim, do you remember me? My name is Henry Lyles." Henry announces.
 
"Gosh, I remember you, but I thought you never wanted me around for all the foolishness I caused you all back then," Tim sighs.
 
"No, you didn't do anything wrong. We are to blame for all the troubles we have caused you," Henry says.
 
"But, you all never wanted to be my friend. I caused so much hurt to most people. I could never repay them for what I did," Tim sighs.
 
"We were all kids before, but I blame myself and my friends for blaming you with your rookie mistakes. You were lost and confused. It is my right to be your friend today," Henry explains. Isn't this presumptuous? He has no right! Tim thought.
 
"Oh, I never looked at it that way but I am now. Yeah, I hope no one is mad at me and hates me," Tim says. 
 
"No one hates you. The ones people should hate are the bullies who bothered you at school. You have a lot of friends now," Henry says.
 
"I'm surprised after all that happened," Tim sighs. 
 
"It's all in the past," Henry reassures him. 
 
"I'm glad to hear it," Tim exhales.
 
They walk together as friends. Tim feels better today. He is convinced that he did nothing wrong. He is happy. A month later, he went with his friends doing all sorts of fun events on the weekends. Tim is not lonely anymore.
 
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.