Humor Fiction posted March 21, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
all gone

Yikes

by pome lover


 

“I just want a little off the ends, please, and leave my bangs long.”

“Hokay.”

 “You know, this is the first time in years I’ve been to the beauty parlor.  I’ve been cutting my hair myself, as I’m sure you can tell. Cutting the back has been a real challenge.”

“Yes, you don’t do too bad job. A few holes here, here, here and here, but mostly, you did hokay.”

“Thanks. Oooo, I have to admit I’ve missed the shampoo with the head and neck massage. That feels wonderful!”

“Yes.”

“My friend said you really look at the shape of your customers’ faces and style their hair becomingly.”

“Yes. I try.”

~ ~ ~ ~

… “Heavens, I think I went to sleep while you were trimming!”

“Yes. Keep head down, please. It make cutting easier in the back, here.  Just a little bit more and you can raise head and tell me what you think … okay, raise head.”

“What?  Oh! What have you done? My hair is gone!

“Here is mirror. Look at back. See? Holes are gone. I had to even the length with the length of the holes you made. Now, it will all grow out the same. No holes.”

“You mean no hair! There’s not even enough to use my curling iron. I look like an over the hill boy! Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just such a, a, uh, surprise!

“Well, now, it will grow without the holes, Yes?”

“Yes. And I’m sure in six months I will feel feminine again.”

“Low maintenance hair cut. Good for business lady on the go, yes?”

Well, I’m a retired grandmother with plenty of time to …

“To let it grow. You will like better in few weeks and be glad holes are gone, yes?”

“Yes. Yes. I’m sure I will. Well, tell me what I owe you and I will get out of your hair. Ha ha ha. I mean I’ll be on my way.

~ ~ ~ ~

Well, look at it this way, old girl. You have weather-proof hair. Tornedo, hurricane… no worries. It won’t budge. Of course, you look like a skint rat. Well, maybe not a rat, more like a skint prune.  Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk, as they say. Make the best of a bad situation. Yes, indeed. I love looking like a thistle!




Recognized


this is a true story - though dialogue is fiction. I do look skint!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.