Spiritual Non-Fiction posted March 19, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My rendering how Christ may have felt ...

For This Cause

by Tom Horonzy


 
 
Ever since time began, I knew my destiny would be to come to earth through a mortal birth to do my Father's will. 
 
After millenniums of preparations to a higher law, the time arrived, and for this cause, I entered a world to heal the sick and raise the dead,  yet men would not find peace in what I did.
 
Confused by the love I offered them, political leaders feared that which they would not understand and conspired against me. Their hearts darkened in confusion as if I was a threat to rule in their stead. Therefore, they plotted and schemed to bring to an end, an end already planned:  "For my work and glory is to bring to pass immortality; the eternal life of man."
 
Only I, and I alone, could walk a path no other could tread, even if they wanted. And thus, on that dread-filled night, I ventured to Gethsemane to begin to end what would come.
 
Leaving my friends, I stepped away and knelt in prayer, seeking clarity, when a spiritual darkness descended from where such darkness reigns,  into a void mortals fear and one that caused even I to ask for mercy. : Father, I beg thee "to let this cup pass..." even before it began, knowing the severity to follow would be unbearable for the natural man. 
 
And then it began. I trembled to a pain that racked my every pore, allowing all sins of every troubled man to become mine. All they needed to do was call on my name whereby I would become "their shadow by day, and their pillar by night," thus fulfilling my purpose to redeem the tribes of Israel and any man, wherever and whenever they lived.
 
Soon after that spiritual torture came to rest as a mob of vile and vicious men arrived, intent on inflicting bodily harm only I knew would match the pain experienced moments ago.
 
I hoped the humility of the events that followed would be too difficult to describe, but they arrived anyway: a plaited crown of thorns, a scourging done in scorn, a trial filled with mockery, hate, and vengeance. For what? I could not fathom, save for the fact I lived it. 
 
They dragged me before the people I hoped to bring hope to, but they chose to allow my life to be forfeited in exchange for Barabbas, whom I would have gladly bled for if he accepted the sacrifice I was offering.
 
Then, the journey to Golgotha began. Tattered and torn, bleeding and weak. I walked with no assistance, dishonored for doing what my Father allowed me to do. "Why didn't and don't they understand?"
 
Upon reaching the hilltop, I was stripped and degraded before being nailed to a cross in innocence, where I succumbed to mortal death before arising again as promised and prophesied. 
 
My resurrection will have all the dead arise to exchange what was for what shall be, being either 'life eternal'  or 'Eternal Life,' based on the temporal life they led into one of three degrees of glory.
 
So, to end, I will set you free from sin, despair, grief, and pain and, in their stead, grant relief, love, and peace to live with God in a life that never ends, if you will...
 
 "Come, Follow Me." 
 
 



Recognized


Each year, as Easter arrives, Christians celebrate Christ's Resurrection until the following day, when many return to feasting mortally, stowing away their celestial thoughts for another year. Is that being sufficiently thankful when the gift He offered is everlasting?
The photo is of The Christus sculpted by Bertel Thorvaldsen in 1833 and stationed at the visitors center in Salt Lake City's Temple Square.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.