General Fiction posted March 17, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A bully is the donkey.

The Donkey

by Raul1


Casey, a gentleman, who strives to be a novelist is trying to write better. He has hopes, luck and inspiration. But, sadly some bully keeps on bothering him. His name is Heckles, who is a strong man who doesn't take no for an answer. Casey enters in several writing contests but Heckles gives him always a one star review. Casey watches his reviews are very harsh from someone who puts him down. 
 
Heckles keeps laughing at Casey whom never wins first place in any contests. But Casey is patient and doesn't feel sad about it. He keeps on entering more writing contests. 
 
"You'll never win, Casey," Heckles says in front of his face. 
 
"Keep laughing at me, because if I win. You will be the one who is the donkey for losing it," Casey explains. 
 
"No, Casey! You're the loser. I always end up winning at your expense," Heckles protests. 
 
"You will sing a different tune, Heckles," Casey tells him. 
 
Heckles took offense of that by not accepting it. He keeps on always attacking Casey. But Casey walks away. He is smart to have done that because Heckles never gives up bullying him until Casey gives up. He shuts the front door of his home in front of Heckle's face. But he left and keeps laughing at Casey driving back to his house. Casey ignores the joker he just met because it is not worth it.
 
Casey enters several writing contests and he wins plenty of first places. Heckles goes to Casey's profile and he is shocked to see the first places his victim won. He cries, protest, breaks everything, and beats up the walls. And the moral of the story is if you put down an aspiring artist it is you who will be the donkey as a loser.



Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.