General Fiction posted March 17, 2024 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Chey gets Mikey to ask Kara out on date.

A chapter in the book I Found My Heart In San Francisco

I Found My Heart In S.F. Ch 4

by LoniLove

Cupid 

Thursday, February 12, 1984. 4:00 p.m. San Francisco, CA.
 
"Mikey, I'm so glad that you took time out of your busy schedule to come down here with Chris Hayes and Tony Garrison and them to visit me." Said Chey. 
 
"Of course I was going to come and visit you. After all, I am a close friend of your cousins. And we're close family friends too. You may not be dating Tony G anymore, but you're still my girl." Mikey told her. 
 
"What took you so long to visit?" Chey teased. "I invited you to come more than two years ago." 
 
"I've been super busy." Said Mikey. "The Off The Wall album, then the Thriller album, and all of the videos I've been doing. Quincy Jones and I have been working very hard." 
 
"I see. You've just been blowing up all over the the place, Mr. Pop Star. She grinned. 
 
Michael grinned back. 
 
'What can I say? I'm a workaholic." 
 
"You still could have found a little time to come to San Francisco and visit." She said. 
 
"Maybe." He admitted. 
 
"So, what's going on in your life?" You didn't come here with a girl by your side like most of your friends did. What happened to you and Dana Forrester? I thought you two were a hot item." She asked him candidly. 
 
She truly wanted to know, but she had another reason for asking. She knew Michael was reluctant to talk much about his love life. 
 
"We were a hot item, for about a minute. Then things changed." Mikey told her. "I told you it was just a summer fling. It wasn't meant to last. I got super busy, she needed more from me than I was able to give her at the moment, and she got frustrated. We wanted two different things. Dana wanted a committed relationship, and I was happy just casual dating. I wasn't really looking for anything more than that. So, we just kind of drifted apart. It ended not too long after you left L.A. and I went on to date other people. The same thing happened with my last girlfriend, Shanna Mangetal. She got busy with her career, and I got busy with mine. That's why she's not here with me right now." 
 
So, you're free and single." Said Chey. 
 
"Absolutely." Michael replied. 
 
"Are you looking for a woman right now?" Chey probed further. 
 
"I'm not actively seeking one right now, but my heart and my mind are always open. If I happen to find that special lady who captures my heart, I won't let her pass me by. I'll do whatever it takes to make her mine." He said honestly. 
 
I hope you find her. She'll be a lucky girl." Chey told him. 
 
"I think I'll be the lucky one to find her. In my position it's hard to find true love sometimes. I never know if the girl really loves me or if she's just infatuated with me. You know what I'm saying? Is she in love with me or is she just in love with the lifestyle of the rich and famous?"
 
"I understand what you're saying. You want somebody who loves you for who you really are." Said Chey. 
 
"Exactly." Michael agreed.
 
"Tell me something. What are you really looking for in a woman?" Chey asked him. 
 
"I have always been attracted to beautiful girls, but I love a woman who has a beautiful personality even more. I don't want a woman who is so stuck on herself that she doesn't have enough room in her heart to love anyone else. She has to be sweet and kind and genuine. Soft and warm, and understanding too. I love a strong woman who is not afraid to speak her mind, but not a loud, rude, demanding, or manipulative woman. I can't deal with all of that mouth, and constant fighting and arguing. All couples fight and argue to some degree, but I don't want to have to go through it everyday. That's not happy or healthy." He told her. 
 
"Yeah, I agree with you. You're too much of a sweet, sensitive, and easy going guy to deal with a drama queen, or a loudmouth, ghetto acting woman who idles on bitch mode all of the time." Said Chey.
 
Michael laughed.
 
"Chey, you really have a way of putting things, just like your cousin Cupcake. But you always did understand me pretty well."
 
"Yeah, I know." Chey grinned. "You didn't exactly say it that way, but I understood what you mean anyway. You like your women to be sweet, soft and warm, and kind and caring. Someone who can keep it real with you and who will be there for you through thick and thin, and always have your back. She has to be a beautiful person on the inside as well as the outside. And she must love you with all of her heart." 
 
"You've got it." Said Michael. "I wouldn't give her any less than that from me." 
 
Chey looked into his eyes and she knew that what he said was true. Mikey was her boy. She wanted to see him happy. That's why she wanted to hook him and Kara up together. Kara would be the perfect woman for him. She fit all of Michael's criteria, and she was already crazy about him. They would be good for one another in her opinion. 
 
After the disastrous relationship Kara just got out of, she deserved to be happy. Michael was just the man who could make Kara's dreams come true, even if it was only for one night. Kara needed a date for the Valentine's Day Dance, and Mikey would be the perfect man for the job. Kara would never turn down a date with him. She had to get them together. 
 
"I really believe that." Chey said sincerely. "Mikey, I want you to meet somebody. I know that I have introduced you to all of my friends already, and I have a few more on their way over here now. They're all pretty much big fans of yours, but this one particular girl has a major crush on you. And I know you would really like her too." 
 
"One of the girls who came in with you earlier?" Said Mikey surprised. 
 
"Yes." 
 
"Which one?" Michael asked curiously. 
 
He tried to picture in his mind all of the girls that she had introduced him and the rest of the Crew to earlier. He thought all of the girls were beautiful, but one out of all of them really caught his attention, LaKara Rhodes. He'd even made it a point to remember her name. He truly hoped that she was the one Chey was talking about. 
 
"She is one of the sweetest girls that I know, and she's my best friend. She is absolutely crazy about you." Chey said. 
 
She was purposely not answering his question. She hadn't missed the look on his face when she had introduced Kara to the L.A. Crew the first time. 
 
"Okay, which one?" Mikey asked again. 
 
"She has been a huge fan of you and your brothers ever since she was a little girl. She has all of your records and knows all of your songs from the Motown Era clear up to your current music." Chey kept talking. 
 
"Which one is it?" Mikey asked for the third time. "I'll be glad to go and talk to her. I'm always happy to meet someone who is a big fan of the group." 
 
"She is a big fan of the group, but you are the one she is crazy about the most. You know, I really am surprised that she hasn't made her way over here to talk to you yet. This is her big opportunity to meet you. Her dream come  true. I guess she is feeling just a little bit shy." Chey kept playing it off. She was being mischievous. 
 
"Okay, that's fine. I'll go and talk to her myself. Just tell me who she is." Mikey said one more time. 
 
"I'll describe her for you. She's a beautiful girl, kind of exotic looking. Sometimes she looks like she's white, but you can tell she's African American. She's mixed African American, Italian, and Native American I think. She doesn't need very much makeup at all. She is a natural beauty.  She's about 5'6" tall, about 130 lbs, pretty brown eyes, a cute little nose, a beautiful smile, nice soft looking lips, not to plump or too thin. She's got a kicking body. Believe me she's hot. She's got the boobs and nice ass happening for you. You won't be diappointed there. And she has long, wavy, shoulder length hair. What else could you ask for?" Chey described her friend in a way that she knew would appeal to him as a man, teasing him. 
 
"Chey!" Mikey said exasperated. "Who is she?"
 
"Okay Mikey, I'm only picking with you. I'll tell you who she is. It's LaKara Rhodes." Chey grinned knowingly. 
 
"Yes!" Mikey said to himself excitedly. 
 
It was just the person that he hoped it would be. The other girls he saw were very pretty, but LaKara was absolutely gorgeous. Chey was right on the money when she described her to him. She was all of that to him, plus some.
 
"Are you serious?" He asked her out loud. 
 
"Yes, I'm serious." Said Chey.
 
"She has a crush on me?" Mikey smiled.
 
"Big time. The girl has a whol scrap book devoted to you. Plus, about a dozen posters of you on the wall of her library room at home, and about two more in her bedroom. I am not kidding. You can ask her brothers and sister when they get here." Chey told him.
 
"Yeah, she's a huge fan alright." Michael agreed.
 
 "Oh, it's more than that. She has been dying to meet you ever since she was in her early teens. Way before I met her. 
 
"Like I told you before, I really am surprised that she hasn't come over here to talk to you already. It has been her dream since forever. She must be feeling very shy or something." Said Chey. 
 
"She's not like psychotically crazy about me or anything is she?" Mikey asked cautiously. 
 
It would not be the first time that he ever ran into a beautiful girl who turned out to be a crazed fan who was more than a little obsessed with him. That was a very scary thought. 
 
"No!" Chey laughed. "She's not like that. She's just in love with you, that's all." 
 
"Okay, just checking." Said Michael with a grin. 
 
Oh yeah, Cameron was going to lose this little competition for sure. Kara was practically his already. 
 
"There are so many things that you would love about her, Mikey. Not just the physical things either. She is a sweet, caring, fun loving, intelligent, talented, and artistic girl. She loves music and dancing the same as you do, and she loves reading and writing. She's a very creative person. She likes classic movies, and she has a wonderful sense of humor. She has a lot of the qualities that you said you like in a woman." Chey said. "Trust me, she really should be your wife." 
 
That last comment really kind of shook him up. He didn't know yet just how true her words would really become. He looked over at Karfa who was standing across the room talking to one of her other friends. She looked up at him momentarily and smiled. He  thought about what Chey had just said to him and he got the funniest feeling (butterflies) in the pit of his stomach. 
 
Was he really looking at his future wife? He had a strange feeling that he was. He had to shake it off. It was way too much for him to think about at the moment. Kara went back to talking to her friend, and he turned back to look at Chey. 
 
"Chey, you must be tripping." He said. 
 
Honestly, the way that Chey spoke of Kara sent chills down his spine. It was kind of overwhelming to think that someone whom he didn't even know yet felt so deeply about him or that felt so attracted to her. He was not a hopeless romantic, and he didn't really believe in love at first sight. But damn if he didn't feel like Cupid had just shot an arrow right through his heart! And that's what really scared him.
 
"No Mikey, I'm not tripping. I really do believe that." Chey said. "Who knows what the future may bring."
 
"I can't wrap my mind around that thought right now." Mikey told her.
 
"Okay, I'll drop it for now, but somewhere deep inside, you know that I'm right. You can feel it.  It has the ring of truth to you, don't it?" She told him.
 
"I don't know. Maybe." He said.
 
"Her brothers and her sister, and their mates will be here any minute. They are going to tell you the same things that I have been telling you about her. Wait and you will see." Said Chey.
 
"Your girl is kind of fine though.  You didn't lie about that. Maybe I really should go on over there and talk to her fo a few minutes." Said Michael.
 
"Do you see something you like in her Mikey?" Chey asked.
 
"Definitely." Michael said a little distracted. He was looking over at Kara again. "Is she seeing anybody?"
 
"You mean does she have a man in her life?"
 
"Yes." He answered.
 
"No, she doesn't. She just broke up with her previous boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. He was a complete jerk." Chey told him.
 
"No kidding." Said Michael.
 
"Yeah, anyway that's all over with now. I will let her tell you that whole story. She has not been dating anyone else since then, so she is free and single too. That is why she is the only one who doesn't have a date for the Valentine's Day party." She said. Then she suddenly stopped. She remembered something that she wanted to tell him.
 
"Oh, I didn't tell you guys! The San Francisco Crew has a Valentine's Day party planned for Saturday night from about 8:00 p.m. until about 2:00 a.m. or 2:30 at. A club called Lucky's. It's owned by one of my friends' older brothers, and he's letting us use it for the night. We've had this planned for a month. It's going to be for the Crew only, and for couple's only. It will not be open to the public. Would you and your brothers and sisters like to come?"
 
"I guess so. It sounds like fun?" Said Mikey.
 
"No outsiders." Said Chey. "You won't get mobbed. I have a really large group of friends, and a strict security policy. But my friends are all pretty cool. Trust me."
 
"Okay, if you say so. Now, what were you saying about your friend LaKara?" Michael wanted to learn more about her.
 
"Oh. I was saying that Kara broke up with her ex-boyfriend, so she doesn't have a date for the dance. Just before my mother called me over here, my friends and I were trying to come up with a date for her or else she won't go."
 
"Come on Chey. I know you're not telling me that a girl as beautiful as she is, can't get a date for Valentine's Day." Michael was skeptical about that. "I don't believe it."
 
"No, it's not that she can't get a date. It's that she doesn't know anybody that she wants to date right now. The only men that she knows are the men in the Crew. My boyfriend and my brothers, and my friend's boyfriends, husbands, and brothers. They're all taken, and she doesn't want to do a blind date."
 
"I don't blame her." Said Mikey.
 
"She won't consider an escort service either." Chey continued. "So, as it stands, she is the only one without a date for the Valentine's Day dance. Besides you and Cameron Thomas, that is." 
 
"So is that why you are trying to hook us up together, Chey?" Michael grinned. He knew he was being set up.
 
"Well, just for the dance Saturday night anyway. If you're interested. Or do you have someone else in mind that you would like to fly down her from L.A.? I can always go and ask Cameron Thomas. I noticed him checking Karfa out a few times." Chey teased him again.
 
She knew exactly what she was doing. She wanted him to ask Kara out to the dance. She knew that Michael was attracted to her. It was as plain as day. He was just fighting it. She was just trying to tempt him again. It worked like a charm!
 
"How are you going to play me Chey?" Michael said when she mentioned Cameron's name. She didn't know anything about Michael and Cameron's little bet. "You better not send Cameron over there to ask that girl out. I will take her to the dance."
 
Chey knew that she had gotten to him.
 
"I figured you would." She smiled.
 
"You are so bad. I'm going to tell your boyfriend Chris on you." He threatened. "Wait until he comes back from the store with the fellas."
 
"Thank you, Mikey. You are an angel." Chey replied sweetly with a big grin on her face. 
 
"Yeah whatever!" Mikey smiled and he turned to go walk over to where Kara was standing talking to her her friend Tay Tay. He was a man on a mission. 
 
"I love you!" Chey called after him. 
 
"I love you more!" He tossed back. 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LoniLove All rights reserved.
LoniLove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.