General Non-Fiction posted March 16, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Kristen a strawberry blonde

Why do Babies go to Heaven

by jmdg1954



 
 

 
 

I received a text earlier today from my wife. It read …

I was thinking about Chrissy just now and how I felt the day after.

I remember Judy coming in to take care of me since she was a nurse at Mountainside.

Then it dawned on me, she’s not here anymore either.

I said to Chrissy, maybe she’s gotten to meet her.

Kristen (Chrissy) was born to us on March 14, 1981. God took her from us 45 minutes later…

*************************************

I posted a story about Kristen, last year, March 12, 2023. Many of you read it and reviewed it. Thank you all so much. 

After my wife and I prayed yesterday we were at peace once again. 

To summarize : 

Debbie spent twenty-four hours in the birthing room before she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Kristen Danene. She weighed a perfect eight pounds and eleven ounces.

 Apparently Kristen was a special little girl. So special, God had greater plans for her. He allowed her in our lives a few short minutes before sending His angels down from heaven.

I remember how distraught our doctor was. He had to divulge how our little girl with strawberry blonde hair, was succumbed by meconium aspirations. He explained the how's and why's of how we lost her. How the Neonatal nurse tried to clear her air passageway and her tiny lungs of this meconium fluid. He told us how she fought to her last and final breath.

I held my precious little girl swaddled in a hospital blanket. I held her close to my heart, willing my heartbeat to give her life. I kissed her forehead and said,  “Kristen, I love you"!  It was then I felt the angels lift her soul. 

God needed Kristen to spend her eternal life with Him. He entrusted her with the power to watch over our future family; our three beautiful children and later our five wonderful grandchildren. She fulfilled God's task marvelously.

Every year for her birthday we visit her grave and tidy the ground surrounding her stone. We’ll plant a flower and stick a mylar birthday balloon in the ground and quietly sing her the happy birthday song.

We haven’t missed a birthday in forty-three years.

************************************

Earlier this week I decided not to post Kristen’s story since I posted it last year. But after my wife’s text and her mention of Judy, I felt I needed to honor them both.

Judy was my wife’s friend from childhood. Kids today would call them “besties”. Judy was a nurse in Mountainside Hospital at the time. She visited with Debbie, my wife daily till her release offering love, friendship and support.

Judy passed away at 58 in 2016 leaving behind her husband and daughter.
 

I guess God needed Judy for something special as well. 

 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.