Family Non-Fiction posted March 8, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A fall in the snow.

Gods Miracle

by Eve Bailey


It was a cold winter day when my phone rang. It was a New York hospital. I panicked since I had family in NY. The nurse proceeded to tell me my daughter was there. Her landlord found her outside of her apartment in the cold snowy weather. She had evidently fell and passed out. No one knew how long she had been there. She had been having episodes of seizures. She had developed hypothermia and had frostbite on both feet. I got the first flight to NY and my heart ached when I saw her. She was sedated because of the pain. Her feet were wrapped. After three agonizing days in the hospital she was released to go home. Over the next couple of months she cleaned, sterilized and wrapped her feet. It was a long few months for her to heal her feet. It is only by the grace of God that she was found and survived this nightmare.



True Story Contest contest entry


Thank you to Renate-Bertodi for use of the photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Eve Bailey All rights reserved.
Eve Bailey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.