Humor Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A little part of my life

Laughter is good for the Soul

by patcelaw


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's long  been my desire to be a stand-up comic. I have always loved to tell nice clean jokes. I love to make people laugh. Laughter they say is good for the soul.  Since it helps us to forget our problems for even a short time.

I had this desire fulfilled once about 20 years ago, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, when I took part in a comedy show. I was on stage for seven minutes as I did my comedy routine. I was dressed in an outfit that looked like Minnie Pearl, a great country comedian. I was wearing a hat with a price tag hanging from it, which was her trademark. I had also used eyeliner to black out one of my teeth, so I looked like I had a missing tooth. The routine was well received by the audience.
 
One of my favorite jokes I ever told I had included in my routine. This is that joke.

There was a mental institution out in farming country.
 
There were two patients sitting by the fence when a farmer came by with his tractor pulling a wagon behind the tractor.
 
One of the patients said to him, "hey, farmer what do you have there behind your tractor?
 
He said, "I have a load of manure. I am going to take home to put on my strawberries.

Then one patient looked at the other and said, "look where we are and we use cream and sugar on ours.
 
 
I heard this joke over 66 years ago at the Salvation Army while eating lunch with a captain in the Army. She shared this particular story with me as we were eating strawberries.
 
Sadly, now the only way I can do comedy, is to tell a joke or two here on fan story, and I hope that you will enjoy the stories, and that you will get a chuckle from them, because laughter is good for the soul. 



Recognized


The images from Google images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.