Spiritual Poetry posted March 2, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A spaceship syllable, count poem.

Showing His Love

by patcelaw

 

‘Twas

when she turned 

her life over to God,

He met her and saw her many needs.

It was then with abundance, He was blessing her 

adopting her as His very own.

He was always with her 

showing His 

love.

 





The spaceship format was created by me several years ago. It has a syllable count of one, three, six, nine, 12, nine, six, three, one. Then it is centered on the page so it resembles a spaceship. It can be used for any amount of stanzas with each spaceship being a stanza. It does not have to be rhymed, but you can if you please, do some internal rhyming with it. Each stanza will have 50 syllables. I have found that you could use this format for almost any topic you want to do, I am even considering using it as a tribute to a loved one who has already gone to their reward. Usually when I start with the spaceship format in mind, I will start with the first two lines which will consist of four syllables. Line one will be one syllable line two will be three syllables. Then after that, it is very interesting how you can achieve what you want to do until you get to the last part, and then you have to be creative to get the last four syllables to work. I have had a lot of fun through the years doing this particular format and I would encourage everybody to try it. Patricia .
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.