Writing Fiction posted February 25, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
His inspiration came in a tear drop.

Tear Drop

by HarryT


Max stared at the stark white computer screen. It was mocking him. His art form was the written word. He hoped his muse would inspire him. He needed a beauty of an ending for his final chapter.
 
His hands trembled above the keyboard in anticipation, but his mind stayed blank.The deadline for his novel was in 24 hours. Max, you're a coward. A sudden tear rolled down his cheek, splashing on the keyboard. He dipped his finger and tasted the salty wetness. A signal from his muse? A tearful conclusion to his book? Yes, of course.
 
His fingers flew over the keys. Words flowed. Hour after hour, he poured meaningful sequences onto the screen. When he finished, he printed the pages to proofread. To his amazement, even though he read his work aloud twice, he could find nothing to change.

One year later, his book was an award-winning bestseller.




100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: art, final, beauty, sudden, coward.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.