General Non-Fiction posted January 29, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
nonfiction writing contest

On Mary's Hill

by dovemarie


In October 2023, I took a trip to Medugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina. It was a great pilgrimage - 10 days long. I prayed, went to church at St. James, visited a castle, and climbed to Blue Cross. I also went to adoration, and did the Stations of the Cross at the Statue of the Risen Lord. I made a lot of friends on this pilgrimage. It was decided by the director of the trip that I would not be able to attempt to climb Apparition Hill - she was afraid I might fall. Yet on Oct. 27, the day Pope Francis declared a day of prayer and adoration, a couple of my new-found friends on the trip found me in the Adoration Chapel and said they would take me to the base of Apparition Hill. I bought souvenirs made out of the rocks that are found on the hill. The woman who took me had me stand at the foot of the hill, and she took a picture of me. I had brought several of my poems with me on this trip, and everyone read and liked them. When I returned home, I found that my poem, "Mother of May," had been published in a Catholic magazine. The letter informing me of this was dated Oct. 27, the same day I was standing on Apparition Hill! I feel as though Mary is watching over me.



Nonfiction Writing Contest contest entry


Thanks to ngcanh from Pixabay
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.