War and History Poetry posted January 19, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This is the perspective of one of the elders, the very firs

Be what you want to be

by Luke Nicholas1

CHIEF STANDS IN FRONT
They told us our children would be civilized, but I barely even recognize; the child I once knew as Standing Arrow the look upon his face now with so much peril. 
There was a time when things weren’t so strange to us. Our children spoke our grandfathers language without a fuss, but now they stagger, fall, and they seem lost to us. 
My young ones, it’s ok to be what you must be, but make no mistakes the world must see you and this is key. For you are loved beyond compare and this is precisely what you must share for there is a whole world that needs to hear that you will no longer live in fear. 
Oh black robe, can you not see what you have done? My grandsons lost and spun. I cannot even hug him for he trembles at the touch.  I cannot even wipe his tears as he walks in anger amid all his fears. 
My grandson, have you not heard your  Mothers voice as she assures you that this was not your choice.  You were meant to be born at this time can’t you see.  Even now, it has become ever more clear to me that the seventh fire burns readily. You were hurt but it was prophecy. Lessons learned in this hypocrisy and yet our ancestors vowed to help us see.  
That if the seventh fire should complete the earth shall not repeat; for if the spirit the red man shallows, our Mother does in shadow. Our only hope is if the seventh generation wakes with contemplation that our future rests on your great fire and if you should desire to remember the first instruction and stop mankinds production, then the birds shall sing another day but only if we decide to stay. 
Young man, the seventh is here so let us prepare. To the colors of he earth, our time is coming near.  Remember who you are for we have traveled far.  Be what you were intended to be. Strengthen your voice so they can hear }our plea; that you love beyond compare and your still willing to share with the whole world that needs hear that no one has to live in fear. 
Be what your destined to be. 




The First Milestone
This authors first post!
A Milestone Post


This is a particular personal piece for me. I woke up one night after terrible dream. It was around the time that the mass grades were discovered a Kamloops Indian residential school in British Columbia. It occurred to me that we are living in prophetic times and that story started somewhere. I started to think about but my ancestors would have thought about when they seen the children come home for the first time from those schools. What they must have thought what they must have feared.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Luke Nicholas1 All rights reserved.
Luke Nicholas1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.