General Fiction posted January 18, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Finding out what is behind the door

Destiny Knocks

by PENofFIRE


There was a knock on the door.  Was it the knock of Destiny or perhaps Opportunity?  I was not sure, but this I knew, it was not an ordinary knock of friendship and goodwill.  There was an urgency in this knock, a sense of importance.  I stood there considering my options.  I could open the door and face what had come to call,  or I could choose to ignore it and walk into the inner chambers of my home, thus I would never know what might have been.

There was no question about it, this knock held a life-or-death scenario, I felt this in the core of my being.  I concluded that this was not Opportunity that had come calling, but that of Destiny.  Each of us in our lifetime must face the choice of either answering the door or turning away and facing life alone.

I knew in my heart there would be another time when I would receive this very same knock, but I chose to open the door now and see what awaited me on the other side.  I threw open the door.  There, in all His glory, stood Jesus.  He spoke these words, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

I did not hesitate.  I invited him in, made him comfortable, then went to prepare a meal and set the table.




This Sentence Starts The Story contest entry


Scripture taken from Revelations 3:20 KJV
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PENofFIRE All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
PENofFIRE has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.