Humor Fiction posted January 7, 2024 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Frogs

A chapter in the book The Saga of Procrastination

The frog

by Iza Deleanu


As usual, I had a revelation, and I was walking in my room, avoiding the winter, and finally decided to "show off" on my doorstep." To frog or not to frog?"

My faithful ego chimed in: "Wow, this is new. What are you, Hamlet, now? And what did the frog have to do with you?"

"There is nothing to worry about your pretty face. I am just thinking "aloud."

"Well, share it with the class; maybe I can help!"

"No, this time you cannot... You know my friend found her true love on a dating app?"

"Yeah, Victoria? What about her? Does she have a secret to share?"

"Yup! She said she had to kiss many frogs until she found the prince."

"And? As far as I know, you are old-fashioned, and the no-kissing business is part of your strategy!"

"Yeah, you know me damn well. I don't care about any prince anymore. Even if I have the smallest feet in town, I tire of playing Cinderella. Why do I need a princess to save me? To save me from what? Can anybody save me from my true self? Am I bitter? Nope, I am more sour; yes, I love lemons."

"Now, jokes aside, I think you spoke the truth. First, you must love yourself, and then the rest will come. You are drowning in sarcasm right now, and no sane person will resist your poison."

"After my last trip, I understood that I am not in the state of mind to let anyone approach me... and I think that you know who... are just scared mice that play the macho man figure."

"Okay, so what do you want?"

"I want peace of mind, and I want to dance! All I want is to laugh, write, and travel."

"Hm! With what money?"

"I don't know. I am working on it!"

"So no froggie business?"

"Yacs, no way, Jose. I am scared of frogs."


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.