Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 3, 2024 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
watch out

A chapter in the book The Saga of Procrastination

The Scammer

by Iza Deleanu


    Love is in the air... Do you remember that song? Nowadays, love is a rare thing. People are confusing love with a way of making a quick buck. I know I wrote about this before, but I cannot stop. I have to share this funny story. Ladies and gentlemen, a new scammer is posing as the charming prince in the house. The Nigerians did it again; they moved from the rich relative to the rich Latino lover. Last week, I returned from vacation and received a strange message on Messenger. A guy I had never met was sending me a friend request. The first sign that something was wrong was Eddie James Morgan's name.


      I checked his Facebook, and it was a white guy in his late forties with a beard who supposedly was widowed with two kids and was living in Madrid, and of course, he was an orthopedic doctor. Like, who is putting their profession on a Facebook page? There was one picture with his fake kids, two with him making a smoothie, and one playing with carrots. Also, what kind of name is that. I wanted to see what this new scam is about. So, the first question he asked me was what my name is. 


    Duh! You found me on Facebook, so you already know my name. Then he told me he was from New Jersey but lived in Madrid, was single, and had two kids. Then he changed his story and said to me that his wife died giving birth to his son Travis. Bro, too much information. Then, he ordered me to install Google Chats. I told him that I was not taking orders or installing anything. He sent me the link multiple times. Fortunately, I was not born yesterday, so I refuse to play that game. He said that he was going to treat me like a queen. I told him I was a queen already, so I didn't need him for that.


     I told him wanna talk? Give me your phone number. He had no choice and sent me a phone number. I googled the code, and guess what? The phone was from Nigeria. I blocked his profile, but not before I confronted and told him to keep his lies in line. He said that he was in Nigeria before and has kept his phone number the same and that he is now in Yemen. Wow, you just told me that you live in Madrid. Of course, after I had a good laugh, I blocked him. Next, the same guy with a different name tried to approach me, but I could smell a scam, so I checked his profile on Facebook. Funny, on December 22, he checked out in Hawaii and Nigeria. Wow, he must be good friends with Aladin and use his magic carpet to be in both places simultaneously.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.