Mystery and Crime Fiction posted November 30, 2023 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An unexpected visit to the CEO office at Acquire Enterprises

A chapter in the book The Note

The Visit

by Dihalia Fuentes Figueroa


It was a beautiful day, like any other day at Acquire Enterprises on Road Street in Mara, Seca. The day went on as usual until well, perhaps, you would like to read it yourself.

“Let him pass,” George Allantris said through the intercom. Barbara, his secretary let the man in the suit go up to his office.

“Take the elevator and go to the third floor. It will be office 311, the first one to

your right,” Barbara assured him.

“Thank you,” the man answered. She looked at the visitor’s notebook in front of her and entered the man’s name. He was Baron Alver.

Time passed and it was already time for her to take her lunch break, but she had not seen Mr. Baron Alver come down which was strange as he came in at 9:00am. She did not know what to do as it seemed the meeting was so important that had taken this long, so she decided to go and check for herself than interrupt Mr. Allantris with a phone call.

Barbara took the elevator and once she stepped out, she noticed the door was semi-

opened. She knocked anyhow.

“Mr. Allantris?” she asked while pushing the door slowly.

She noticed that there was no one. She stepped back and looked at the corridor and no one was there either. She stepped in and when she looked down in the corner of the desk was an envelope. She kneeled to have a better look and reach to grab it when suddenly someone spoke to her. She startled and fell to her side where she hided the envelope.

“Who are you?” the male voice asked her.

“I am, the secretary, I was just…”

“Look, if I were you, just get out, the police are coming…”

“Why? I mean…”

“Someone called the police; they heard a discussion and then they saw someone running…”

“Oh my God, did anyone saw who it was?”  

“Look, I must stay here and not let anyone in, just go. I am sure we will have the scoop of it later,” the man said.

Barbara was getting more nervous by the minute, but she could not leave that envelope there, not now that she did not know this man and certainly, he was not part of the police.

She managed to hide the envelope with her cloth and walked out without further questions.





The First Milestone
This authors first post!
A Milestone Post
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dihalia Fuentes Figueroa All rights reserved.
Dihalia Fuentes Figueroa has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.