General Fiction posted November 20, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I believe my password has been hacked

A Terrible Interruption

by Liz O'Neill

I have to take this time to vent about a terrible interruption that has occurred in my FanStory participation. My heart is beginning to wear down with what has happened. I don't know if anyone on here can help. Tom has done all he can do.


I have a Chromebook to do my writing. I love it because it has a built-in print to voice and voice to print. To turn it on all I have to do is open the lid. A few weeks ago, I opened the lid to blackness. I panicked.


Fortunately, my former coworker and friend Cyndy (in my book The Tor) suggested I fuss with the power button. It came back to life. At the same time, I ordered another Chromebook. If any of you have had to begin using a new computer or device, you have experienced the dilemma with passwords.


My trauma is my access to FanStory! I'm still having to use my 'junker' and treat it with kid gloves. As long as I can keep my junker alive I will, be able to have access to my account and be able to proceed as usual.


If my junker dies for good, I am locked out of FanStory and my 5 years of participation. I am not as worried about losing my books as I might be. They are all on Amazon or in the cue to be on there.


I grieve the loss of my friends' names and their writings. I will be a newcomer in the books. No one will be able to go back & read some of my old stories and poems to know me as many of you do.


I believe my password has been hacked. I am recognized as Liz ONeill2. That is not me! Even though I put in my password, as the check-in confirmed it is not accepted. I CANNOT get into my account on my new computer!


I will keep going on my 'junker' until I no longer can. Then I will be starting from scratch, forsaking my 5 years of records and gradings.





Recognized


I'm hoping someone can give me some hope
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.