Spiritual Flash Fiction posted November 18, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Exposed

Exposed

by Iza Deleanu


         After so many years of searching for the meaning of life, I feel exposed. The truth is that I have searched in the wrong place. I constantly searched outside my soul... I always dug into other people's faces, and I mostly put my hope in others to bring me some meaning and establish order in my life. I've always looked at myself through the magnifying glass. I always made a big deal of all my mistakes and punished myself severely instead of accepting God's forgiveness. Once, I even stayed away from God for one year, thinking that I was not worthy to be in his house.
 
     Today, I've been exposed. God showed me the way. The meaning of life is just to be. He started this world with: "Let there be light!" It is as simple as that: let it be life! Yes, let it be life... no questions asked. I am looking at my cats. They just are... they don't ask any questions; they are for me. They are a blessing in my life. I am just a blessing in disguise for the people around me.
 
  I have to shake my fears and be like the water that doesn't care where it goes and flows. I have to be like rain that doesn't care where it rains; it just rains, bringing joy to the earth. I have to be like the sun that is free to shine... 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.