Writing Fiction posted November 6, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Muted Duck ...

Silent No More

by Tom Horonzy

Duck Hiccups Contest Winner 

 
There was a duck named Charlie Chaplin, who was cute but mute whenever it tried to quack like the rest of the flock. Disappointed, his lips would droop within a coop until the day a cask of Grey Goose vodka tainted a lake. No one took notice, vodka being the same color as water. 

Soon after, Charlie got thirsty and left the nest to fill his bill with defiled water. The effect sent the mute into a deep sleep until awoken by a case of hiccups the following morning.
 
To his surprise, when he went outside, he began to cackle like his friends, save for one fact.  Charlie cackled ad nauseam, day and night, making up for lost time, distressing all other fair-feathered members of the flock. Thus,  arrangements were made for Charlie and his gal, Oona O'Neil, to indiscreetly blend with a gaggle of Canadian geese headed for France. 
 
 


Writing Prompt
Write a story in 150 words about the duck that had hiccups

Duck Hiccups
Contest Winner

Recognized


Picture is my own. Edited with PicMonkey

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.