Satire Script posted November 3, 2023 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
not again!

A chapter in the book The Saga of Procrastination

The cobra

by Iza Deleanu


"Gee, I did it again! Should I say, yup, that's my freaking fate to get the "best bosses" in town!"

My shadow came in running: "What the heck, I was trying to get my beauty sleep. What happened?"

"Nothing! I don't get why you show up every time I throw a towel?"

"Hm! Maybe it's because I'm not too fond of towels trashed on the floor. You know, it is not very hygienic!"

"Well, I was speaking figuratively. I am just fed up with this charade! Whenever I think I finally got THE JOB, I end up in the same trash with my wings clipped. WHYYYYYYYYY?"

"Why are you crying? Just play ball!"

"I've tried. But I can't pretend anymore... I run out of steam. Like, what the heck am I a child?"

"Why?"

"You know I take the bus to work, and today it was late because of the construction. So I was four minutes late. The Cobra was waiting by the door and, showed me her watch and barked: "You are four minutes late!" Yeah, I know kiss me... "

"Did you tell her that?"

"No, of course, I am a coward. You know my excuse: I have kitties to take care of, and winter is here... Edmonton is not a city of sun and fun in the winter. I don't need Everest; I can freeze and die right here under the stars when it is minus forty-five!"

"Let it go! Pray and let it go! Bring your worries to God, and he will find a way; don't worry."

"Okay, I will try... one more time... one more day?"
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.